• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Model 3 Vs Elio

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While I have no problem with most of what you said, I take exception to the last part.
Elio Motors does not have a contract with Caddo Parish.
The agreements are with the RACER Trust.
Actually, I'm pretty sure there was a tax-exemption deal with Caddo Parish, that was dependent upon hiring X-number of locals to work in the factory.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, I'm pretty sure there was a tax-exemption deal with Caddo Parish, that was dependent upon hiring X-number of locals to work in the factory.
Yes, that is my understanding as well according to Caddo Parrish Commission Meeting minutes based on providing 1500 jobs.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yes, that is my understanding as well according to Caddo Parrish Commission Meeting minutes based on providing 1500 jobs.

But neither of you are certain enough to post a URL.
Elio Motors agreement is with RACER Trust.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But neither of you are certain enough to post a URL.
Elio Motors agreement is with RACER Trust.
I read every Caddo Parrish Commission Meeting Minutes dealing with EM and attended by Paul Elio and Stu Lichter. Lots of forward looking statements made at those meetings. I choose not to go back through that pain and agony again to find the exact paragraph.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read every Caddo Parrish Commission Meeting Minutes dealing with EM and attended by Paul Elio and Stu Lichter. Lots of forward looking statements made at those meetings. I choose not go back through that pain and agony again to find the exact paragraph. The local and State economic development benefit package goes directly to Elio Motors and kicks in when EM hires the promised 1500 jobs. Believe it or don't believe it.

Let's agree that Elio is answerable to RACER Trust with regard to the 1500 jobs and any contract on the old GM plant is between IDG (Industrial Development Group which received funding from Caddo Parish) and IRG (Industrial Reality Group which is owned by Stu Lichter.) Caaddo Parish Commission has stated in press releases that they are not a part of the agreements.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I read every Caddo Parrish Commission Meeting Minutes dealing with EM and attended by Paul Elio and Stu Lichter. Lots of forward looking statements made at those meetings. I choose not to go back through that pain and agony again to find the exact paragraph.
Tax abatement agreements are fairly common for large employers, so I do not doubt you for a second. I would be shocked if the agreement with RACER was the only contract Elio has in Shreveport.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hmm....there doesn't seem to be a URL in your post, either.....

You are the one who is disputing what I said.
Yours is the burden of proof.
After all, logic alone says that it is impossible to prove something does not exist.
To disprove my statement you would need to show a contract between Elio and Caddo Parish Commissioners.
Incidentally, this was discussed in detail on this board over a year ago.

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You are the one who is disputing what I said.
Yours is the burden of proof.
After all, logic alone says that it is impossible to prove something does not exist.
To disprove my statement you would need to show a contract between Elio and Caddo Parish Commissioners.
Incidentally, this was discussed in detail on this board over a year ago.

Elio Motors SEC Filing Document said:
Among the terms of our purchase agreement with Racer Trust was our agreement to use and develop the property so as to create at least 1,500 new jobs. We agreed that if we had not created 1,500 new jobs by February 28, 2016, we would pay Racer Trust $5,000 for each full-time, permanent direct job that fell below the required number. We have requested an extension of this requirement from Racer Trust, as we do not anticipate that we will be in production until the end of 2016 at the earliest.

URL: https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1531266/000121465915007920/partiiandiii.htm

So after doing some searching, I have found that you are factually correct.

Perhaps next time you are correct, you can also be nice.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom