• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Mature People Only?

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio forum henchmen:
hench·man

Herr Snick, are you admitting something or a nefarious association?:rolleyes:
I'm sure it's all in jest.:)

Hi Dustoff; I take it you're referring to Snicks tag line, " Elio forum henchmen: The Beatings WILL continue until MORALE improves!!"
I think Snick is ripe with satire in referring to others who might come off as a little dictatorial. In other words his tag line is an oxymoron and Snick is really probably an easy going guy. Snick, you can chime in here at anytime. Otherwise I stand corrected.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi Dustoff; I take it you're referring to Snicks tag line, " Elio forum henchmen: The Beatings WILL continue until MORALE improves!!"
I think Snick is ripe with satire in referring to others who might come off as a little dictatorial. In other words his tag line is an oxymoron and Snick is really probably an easy going guy. Snick, you can chime in here at anytime. Otherwise I stand corrected.
Folks,
I agree that he is welcome as is anyone interested in the Elio. I always read every post and take them for what they are worth (to me) . We all have opinions and facts to share but when the facts are not facts I believe it is incumbent upon those with the correct facts to chime in and set the record straight. I see that you have done this as well and I thank you for it. I also like to have fun and when someone uses an amusing word or words, well some of us can't resist having fun with it. So Folks (all of you) and Folks (the individual) have a good day.:)

Snick

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Hehe, that's about it. I just think there's a lot of intolerance for well-informed opinions which differ from the approved "hive mind" of Elioowners forum here.

Everybody just needs to relax. We're arguing about an imaginary vehicle! At this point it's only but an idea.

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hehe, that's about it. I just think there's a lot of intolerance for well-informed opinions which differ from the approved "hive mind" of Elioowners forum here.
Everybody just needs to relax. We're arguing about an imaginary vehicle! At this point it's only but an idea.

All well informed opinions are welcomed. When they differ from factual information then a challenge is in order.
Attacking forum members with an association to using drugs and alcohol (yes you Snick) and name calling, as in the above, are not necessary and shows immaturity.
And that is just my humble opinion.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm only 33 but I'm officially considering myself part of the "mature" crowd now - doc diagnosed me with arthritis :( I don't think I've ever heard anyone under 50 complain of that before.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm only 33 but I'm officially considering myself part of the "mature" crowd now - doc diagnosed me with arthritis :( I don't think I've ever heard anyone under 50 complain of that before.
I felt the same way when I was diagnosed in my late 30s. Then I met a person who had been diagnosed as a teen so I counted my blessings that I didn't get it earlier. There are even children with arthritis if that helps. I have spent the many years since finding non-medical ways to deal with arthritis and as a result rarely take pain medication of any kind. Good luck on finding solutions that work for you. :-) A

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Cheer up!! You're 'Just a Kid' get a 2nd/3rd opinion. 'Arthur'??, don't hold a candle to my lose of hearing, I have learned to cope with my lose. On several bike rides, in the mountains, I have 'Felt the Thunder', in my chest, and stopped to suit up, before others had a clue that it was going to rain. Have been proven right on several occasions.
I can still hit the bulls eye at a hundred yards with a 10/22.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would like to hear your solutions, doc told me to start taking 4 Aleve a day.
Before you do that, read the hazards and damage that can be done by Aleve. I take 500 mg Ginger Root and 500 mg Turmeric 2 times per day. If you are over weight then losing weight usually helps reduce the stress on the knees if that is where the problem is. Capsaicin (chili) will also help as will 70% or darker hot chocolate. Massage of the affected area with a healing oil helps also. As you can see, I use a lot of alternatives. I take aspirin on rare occasions (I'm only allowed one per week but rarely take more than 1 per month) or 1/2 Tylenol. I'm allowed to take more but know regular use can destroy the liver. Water exercise is excellent if the water isn't too cold. :-) Z

Top Bottom