• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Lawsuits, Politics, Employees, And The Mystery Tenant!

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The posts keep going around and around and end up with "1500 jobs" and "delayed funding".
So I did some research and decided to target (you guessed it) the lawsuit.
The first thing to do is to find a search phrase. I used "Stephanie Lynch v. Elio Motors"
I came up with a bunch of stuff, but some of the items of interest.............
(These are not exact quotes)
The original comment on jobs was 'start off with about 800 jobs' up to 1500 in full production.
So I guess 1500 was always an "end game" not a starting point.
And we all know that politics make strange bedfellows. But Lynch and Williams both against the Elio deal to start and then Williams' racist rant on fish?
But the strange thing is the mysterious mystery tenant that weaves it's way through these stories.
If there ever was full funding, is there any question why it disappeared?
Here are the links for your reading pleasure.

(paragraph 2 ------ familiar names?)
(Mystery tenant)
.........."According to John Escude- and his fellow Caddo Parish commissioners Michael Williams, Michael Thibodeaux, and Stephanie Lynch-"..............
http://gas2.org/2014/05/01/another-company-may-snatch-elio-motors-factory/

(Lawsuit)
https://www.eliomotors.com/ksla-plant/

(Lawsuit)
http://www.carnewscafe.com/2013/09/elio-will-get-plant-judge-denies-request-block-funding-caddo/

(800 jobs to start)
........"Elio says he’ll create roughly 800 jobs for the first round of production, and will begin hiring in early 2015."..........
http://airherald.com/elio-motors-funding-delay-sets-back-production-to-2105/1259/

(Lawsuit)
http://www.kfvs12.com/story/2323390...es-suit-to-stop-deal-to-buy-gm-plant-for-elio

(Mystery tenant)
http://archive.shreveporttimes.com/article/20131203/NEWS0503/312040018/Elio-go-Some-say-no-

(Mystery tenant)
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/20...io-at-plant-manny-moe-jack-to-service-trikes/

Karg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm selfish, I don't care how many jobs they create, I don't care about the phony lawsuits, I don't care about this web site, I don't care about the Elio at the Smithsonian, (as long as it doesn't wind in the Smithsonian as a "one of a kind") All I want, is an Elio in my driveway, the rest if just fluff, is that asking too much?

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm selfish, I don't care how many jobs they create, I don't care about the phony lawsuits, I don't care about this web site, I don't care about the Elio at the Smithsonian, (as long as it doesn't wind in the Smithsonian as a "one of a kind") All I want, is an Elio in my driveway, the rest if just fluff, is that asking too much?

As long as I get mine they could end production the next day. But I would like to see it succeed because I like the concept of Elio and I think it would help alot of people in various ways. Everybody wins.

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not much action on this thread, but I thought the interesting venting by former Caddo Parish Commissioner Lynch on EM's Facebook page was interesting, though I still do not see her actually providing data. This exchange is currently going on, unfortunately another FB user was personally attacking Ms. Lynch versus asking her to provide some details on her claims of misappropriation of money by EM. I still interpret Ms. Lynch's interjection whenever EM starts to get close to production as questionable, and read most of her comments as guarded which makes me wonder whether her accusations are about looking out for the citizens of Shreveport, or taking attention away from herself.

Stephanie Lynch
Today at 3:04am
whatever your number is, you just got pushed back. Also, no prototypes after raising money from 42,000+ reservations? Where is the money going? Does anyone know. It sure did not go into buying the old GM Plant. The citizens of Caddo paid for that. Remember when you all got all geeked up because Elio was running around touting he had bought the plant? He had no money then, and he has no money now. Where is the money gone/going? Then he said the surplus equipment money would be used for the prototypes...only he had borrowed millions against it and pocketed that money...and the equipment sale was to pay off the debt.

See the attached PDF below of the thread so far this morning.

Attachments

• Stephanie Lynch.pdf
    63.9 KB · Views: 419

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Not much action on this thread, but I thought the interesting venting by former Caddo Parish Commissioner Lynch on EM's Facebook page was interesting, though I still do not see her actually providing data. This exchange is currently going on, unfortunately another FB user was personally attacking Ms. Lynch versus asking her to provide some details on her claims of misappropriation of money by EM. I still interpret Ms. Lynch's interjection whenever EM starts to get close to production as questionable, and read most of her comments as guarded which makes me wonder whether her accusations are about looking out for the citizens of Shreveport, or taking attention away from herself.

Stephanie Lynch
whatever your number is, you just got pushed back. Also, no prototypes after raising money from 42,000+ reservations? Where is the money going? Does anyone know. It sure did not go into buying the old GM Plant. The citizens of Caddo paid for that. Remember when you all got all geeked up because Elio was running around touting he had bought the plant? He had no money then, and he has no money now. Where is the money gone/going? Then he said the surplus equipment money would be used for the prototypes...only he had borrowed millions against it and pocketed that money...and the equipment sale was to pay off the debt.

"“Looks pretty out of hand up there,” - St. Elmos Fire

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
<Done in my best announcer voice>
Oh she's just a sweetheart isn't she? And she made the comments at 3:04 this morning? An hour after the bars closed; surprised she made it that long. Probably a longer drive than she expected or she got lost on the way home.
Who was the "powerful senator" she was referring to? But the closing comment from her was just the icing on the cake; a true classic name error.
This and more of the continuing story at 11 tomorrow with Les Nessman; because inquisitive minds want to know.
<fade to black, and ...... 3 ........2 ........Go. Cut>

*** I have a very deep strong voice (think Berry White) and did a part time stint on the radio in the 80's; so I do little commercials for humor all the time *****

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Stephanie Lynch

John, While, in principal, I agree about personal attacks, when it comes to what I choose to call a "paid professional politician" I wonder if the normal rules if civility apply. Perhaps a standard for "paid professional politicians" should be "anything done to a paid professional politician is only wrong to the extent that they didn't have it coming to them".
Cite: H. Beam Piper, Lone Star Planet. (quote may not be exact)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Stephanie Lynch

I'm trying to find some argument against her posted statement. I can't. I have some of the same questions rolling around my non-political brain. We have been pushed back. EM had no money then, no money now, and no P5, although that may change in a few weeks. Many have expressed interest in throwing even more money at EM, go for it. If there is no P5 by Thanksgiving somebody may deserve a Lynching. There is nothing hateful about her questions and comments.

Last edited:

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to find some argument against her posted statement. I can't. I have some of the same questions rolling around my non-political brain. We have been pushed back. EM had no money then, no money now, and no P5, although that may change in a few weeks. Many have expressed interest in throwing even more money at EM, go for it. If there is no P5 by Thanksgiving somebody may deserve a Lynching. There is nothing hateful about her questions and comments.
I don't think there's anything hateful in what she's saying though Mack was. I do think public officials have a duty to question the expenditure of public funds, and other things which are problematic for their constituents, but in an informed way. For a person who professes having spent a lot of time with PE, Stu Lichter, Bruce Rasher, etc and being in the know, she is surprisingly lacking in direct quotes, or documents which are contrary to public releases of information.

I will be open about my own bias towards her. I question whether there is some graft involved, not because she questions EM (that's very legitimate) but how she does it, and the timing. To me, it has looked like she has an uncanny ability to throw wrenches in the gears just as EM is preparing to go for big money.

Last edited:
Top Bottom