• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just For The Cat Lovers Here

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, do both front AND back. Let's just say I know it's time to do my cat's nails when I hear the sound of velcro when they walk across the carpet.
Mine tap dance; we have all hardwood floors. :becky:

And when there is a run and chase going on, the floors pay the price.
I have a couple of marks on the walls to, in the tight corners.;)

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With all the flooding we've experienced in the past few days in the Houston area, a lot of our wildlife is being displaced. Locally a teenage couple were walking in the woods up near Lake Conroe when they saw a tiger staring at them from the underbrush. They froze. Suddenly, the animal charged them, put his huge paws on the young man's shoulders and began licking his face. At that point in the story I was tempted to replace the word "licking" with "tasting".

80-042116ktrktigertracy1img_b266fb2804aadfdb95f5178b48e37deabd3fb183.jpg

He looks like he's still pretty young and must have been handled by people all his life, he's so well socialized. Evidently from his collar and leash, the big cat had gotten away from his home and had been wandering in the woods for a day or two. He came along quietly with animal control officers who are now trying to find his owner.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
With all the flooding we've experienced in the past few days in the Houston area, a lot of our wildlife is being displaced. Locally a teenage couple were walking in the woods up near Lake Conroe when they saw a tiger staring at them from the underbrush. They froze. Suddenly, the animal charged them, put his huge paws on the young man's shoulders and began licking his face. At that point in the story I was tempted to replace the word "licking" with "tasting".

80-042116ktrktigertracy1img_b266fb2804aadfdb95f5178b48e37deabd3fb183.jpg

He looks like he's still pretty young and must have been handled by people all his life, he's so well socialized. Evidently from his collar and leash, the big cat had gotten away from his home and had been wandering in the woods for a day or two. He came along quietly with animal control officers who are now trying to find his owner.
Oh I'm sure they want to have a nice talk with the owner; that's a beautiful big cat; but being that socialized isn't really good for him; we were talking about this the other day; it's a wild animal and can never be a "pet".
I can see if it was a rescue; but something tells me it's not.
And if I came face to face this that cat in the brush, I would definitely need some new shorts and pants. Those kids got very lucky. Even at that size, he could have caused a lot of damage.

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure they want to have a nice talk with the owner; that's a beautiful big cat; but being that socialized isn't really good for him; we were talking about this the other day; it's a wild animal and can never be a "pet".
I can see if it was a rescue; but something tells me it's not.
And if I came face to face this that cat in the brush, I would definitely need some new shorts and pants. Those kids got very lucky. Even at that size, he could have caused a lot of damage.
He was extremely lucky the animal was still working off training. It doesn't take long for anything to kick it back to the instinctual predator it is. Hunger , injury or sickness are just a few of those things.

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's true. They don't call them wild animals for nothing. You don't overcome instinct and thousands of years of conditioning with a few handouts and a belly rub.

I have a barn cat that can't be handled for thirty minutes after a meal. She reverts to "predator" mode when she's well fed and I have the scars, scratches and bite marks to prove it. When she's hungry, she makes nice, just to get her food. Then, she gets rough. Her "big brother" is a bit more standoffish, but when she gets feisty with him, he just delivers a good hard swat and it's all over. Sounds like a plan . . . .

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, now there's a follow-up to the tiger story. It seems the tiger's owner finally came forward, but while it's legal to own wild animals in Texas, the city of Conroe has a specific ordinance against it. Either the cat goes or the owner does. So far it looks like the little lady will be placed with a wild animal park here in the state.

But then last night the Conroe animal shelter that is keeping the animal was broken into. A "ninja" dressed in black broke in and was captured on surveillance cameras . . .

eathly-goats-tiger_suspect_1461771395887_1973225_ver1_0_33015385e3255886491fff6d8ac1c3d5ca2d64c0.jpg

My guess is that it's the owner who would be familiar with his pet - or someone with a monumental level of stupidity. OK, the tiger is probably very valuable, but stealing a tiger has to be right up there with pilfering nitroglycerin on the insanity scale. Anyway, the "ninja" was unable to open any of the interior doors as all were locked, and the tiger is still being coddled by the shelter staff who probably never thought they'd have to out-place a kitty this size.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My guess is that it's the owner who would be familiar with his pet - or someone with a monumental level of stupidity. OK, the tiger is probably very valuable, but stealing a tiger has to be right up there with pilfering nitroglycerin on the insanity scale.
What you talkin' 'bout? Ain't nothin bad happen to us yet, and Daddy says it works real good on his arthuritis. (That's where he broke his hand on Arthur's face, and the hand ain't worked proper ever since.)

About that guy in the photo: if he's going to go through all the trouble to dress in black, the least he could have done is put on a balaclava to complete the look.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
looks like the bandana does it. Don't all the bad guys from Texas wear black and a bandana? I remember all the Early T V westerns and that was the appropriate attire? (:-0

Top Bottom