• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Ok gang, week 5 is almost in the books. Chiefs put up a good effort at San Fran (Actually Santa Clara now), lost a close one to an above average 49ers team. Steelers won nicely against the Jags. Was a surprise to see the Saints struggle to win in OT against Tampa. The Browns come from WAY behind to beat the Titans, with Hoyer leading the charge, which hopefully will hush the Manziel crazies for a while. Giants beat Atlanta to move to 3-2, nice win for them. The Lions lose a head-scratcher at home to... Buffalo? Wow. And just when most experts have the Patriots dead and buried, they beat the only unbeaten team remaining, Cincinnati, and beat them badly. The Broncos are amazing with Manning at the helm. As long as he is healthy, I see Denver losing maybe 2 more games the rest of the season. Manning is that good. With 5 more TD passes (I think), he'll be first all-time, passing Favre at 508. Chargers continue to look very impressive, and the Colts won a very important game to them at home vs. the Ravens, who are also a good team. The Eagles move to 4-1, albeit a shaky 4-1, barely beating the Rams.

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok gang, week 5 is almost in the books. Chiefs put up a good effort at San Fran (Actually Santa Clara now), lost a close one to an above average 49ers team. Steelers won nicely against the Jags. Was a surprise to see the Saints struggle to win in OT against Tampa. The Browns come from WAY behind to beat the Titans, with Hoyer leading the charge, which hopefully will hush the Manziel crazies for a while. Giants beat Atlanta to move to 3-2, nice win for them. The Lions lose a head-scratcher at home to... Buffalo? Wow. And just when most experts have the Patriots dead and buried, they beat the only unbeaten team remaining, Cincinnati, and beat them badly. The Broncos are amazing with Manning at the helm. As long as he is healthy, I see Denver losing maybe 2 more games the rest of the season. Manning is that good. With 5 more TD passes (I think), he'll be first all-time, passing Favre at 508. Chargers continue to look very impressive, and the Colts won a very important game to them at home vs. the Ravens, who are also a good team. The Eagles move to 4-1, albeit a shaky 4-1, barely beating the Rams.

Don't forget the Cowboys who are amazingly 4-1.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Week 6 is done, some great games in the NFL this week. I count ten road teams won out of the 15 games. My Chiefs were on a bye. Colts handle the Texans easily at Houston. Tenn hangs in there to beat Jacksonville. Baltimore annihilated (sp?) Tampa, it was 38-0 at halftime. Broncos met expectations and beat the Jets. Lions meet expectations and beat the Vikings. Patriots continue their rise and thump the Bills. Cincy's kicker misses a short FG in regulation, and in OT both they and Carolina kick a FG to end in a tie at 37. Browns killed the Steelers, didn't see that one coming. Packers win in a great 2-minute drive with a last second TD. San Diego was behind in the 3rd qtr but came back to beat Oak. Bears won convincingly at Atlanta. How 'bout them COWBOYS, wow, a win in Seattle, despite some mistakes on special teams and turnovers. Arizona handled Washington. Eagles smoked the Giants, Manning was sacked I believe 4 times in the first qtr. On Monday night, the Rams won the first quarter, but lost the other 3 qtrs big time, losing to the 49ers.

Looking at the standings, the best NFC teams are Dallas, Philly and Arizona. Best AFC teams are San Diego, Denver and Cincy. After the next 3 weeks, we'll be able to choose the best teams in the first half of the season.

Teams to keep your eye on during the next 3 weeks: Cleveland. At Jax, and home with Oak and Tampa, could spell 3 wins and Clev would be 6-2. Carolina has a tough 3 games: at GB then home with Sea and New Orleans. Then their next game is at Phi. Car could be 3-6-1 after that stretch. More later!

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
ESPN's power rankings show that currently the 3 toughest divisions are the AFC West, NFC East, and NFC West. Denver San Diego, then Cowboys Eagles, then Seahawks Cardinals 49ers.

Many interesting stories on this point.

For inter-conference play, the AFC West plays the NFC West this season. Seattle beat Den in OT and lost to SD. 49ers so far have beaten KC and play Den this weekend on Sunday Night. AZ beat SD by 1 pt and got thumped by Denver.

For intra-division, AZ beat SF, SF beat StL, KC lost to Den and plays SD this weekend. Den plays SD in 2 weeks. SD beat Oak.

So far, these two divisions look to be even. We'll see how things stand after Week 9 is in the books, that'll be roughly the halfway point of the season.

We'll talk NFC East soon!

Thursday Night is Jets at Patriots. Most likely a yawner. :)

LockMD

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's why/how this thread is named after you :p

All I do is hang my head in shame for the Steelers :oops::mad::(:( I can't hide well at work though since my lanyard for badges has Steelers all over it. :rolleyes:

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

All I do is hang my head in shame for the Steelers :oops::mad::(:( I can't hide well at work though since my lanyard for badges has Steelers all over it. :rolleyes:
Eventually, your Steelers will play my Falcons who can't seem to win this year either... again. The only advantage is that it's in Atlanta so there's that.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score

LOL, funny, the reason I'm so thorough is because you put my name in the thread! gotta live up to the hype!!

Top Bottom