• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jeff Porter's Football Talk

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Well, IF the Falcons win the division, they'll host the number 5 seed for sure. The Pack gets to beat up on my Falcons in a couple of weeks. But, Atlanta has always been one of those teams that can have a good day and surprise numerically superior teams. The Cardinals come to Atlanta Sunday and I just hope we can be competitive. Please, no last minute loss. Two a season is enough.

HOW BOUT THEM FALCONS!! Nicely done.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Packers took Brady and Co. down a notch yesterday, thanks to a better every week defense.

Between that and the Badgers keeping Paul Bunyan's axe out of the hands of a Gopher team that is finally becoming a competitive team to earn their spot in the Big 10 championship game, it was a good weekend up here.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
how 'bout them there Steelers ..
oh%20my.gif

Jim

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL, it must be "woe is me" week. My Chiefs stunk up Arrowhead so badly last night, a family of skunks living a 1/2 mile from the stadium... moved to Oklahoma.

So for the Steelers, Panthers, Chiefs, Cowboys... DOH!!

And again, congrats to the Packers and the Falcons.

Back to my Chiefs... talk about a conundrum, a weirdness .... what are some teams they have beaten? New England, San Diego, Buffalo, Miami, Seattle. And they've lost to Tenn and Oakland. Somehow, KC holds the #6 spot in the AFC playoffs. So they still control their own destiny with 4 games to go.

In the NFC, Dallas is on the outside looking in. They need Seattle/Detroit to slip up, as they hold the NFC Wildcard slots.

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having a down day today, can't get motivated to respond to any Elio threads, so I feel the need to come over here and talk some football. :)

A really great schedule of games this week:

Steelers 7-5 @ Bengals 8-3-1. Steelers gotta win if they want to keep playoff hopes realistic. And technically, with a win they pull within 1/2 game of the Bengals for the division crown.

Ravens 7-5 @ Dolphins 7-5. Another coin-flip game. I'm big on three stats determining who wins an NFL game: who does well on 3rd down, who wins the turnover battle, and who gets pressure on the QB on pass plays. In this game, I look for those three stats to give you your winner.

Colts 8-4 @ Browns 7-5. Forget about Hoyer or Manziel, Cleveland is in same boat as Steelers. Gotta win to keep playoff hopes realistic. The Colts are a bit like the Packers and Broncos: if the usual starting QB plays, they have a great chance to win. Luck is excellent.

Bills 7-5 @ Broncos 9-3. Denver is very good with Manning at home. Bills front 4 is probably the best in the NFL. Look for Manning to do the needful to get the ball out of his hands quickly. Would love to see Denver lose, but don't think it'll happen.

Chiefs 7-5 @ Cardinals 9-3. Since Palmer got injured, Cards offense has been unable to score many pts. By my unofficial count, about 28 pts in about 2 1/4 games. And 8 of those pts were in garbage time in their last game against a not-that-great Falcons defense. Not gonna win many games if you can't score, even with AZ's excellent defense. This game hopefully will be as good as the rest listed here. Go Chiefs! Oh man, gotta mention the Cards' remaining schedule: KC, @ Rams, Seahawks, @ 49ers. Ibuprofen for the Cards.

Seahawks 8-4 @ Eagles 9-3. Hawks are 5-1 in last 6, Eagles are pretty much winning 2 for each game they lose. There are 5 offenses that score a ton of pts this year, and the Eagles are one of them. Seattle has to find a way to slooooooww them down. If "ifs" were "fifths", we'd all be drunk... BUT ... if Seattle can get a road win in Philly, and KC can get a road win in AZ, there is a tie for the lead in the NFC West. The more likely scenario is Philly and AZ both win at home.

Patriots 9-3 @ Chargers 8-4. The Patriots' brutal schedule portion continues, Wk 9-Den, Wk 11-@Ind, Wk 12-Det, Wk 13-@GB, and now @ SD. Next they host Mia. Pats are 3-1 so far through this portion, so if they can go 5-1 or 4-2 through that, it'll be very impressive. I don't know what to think about SD. They could win this game, or they could lose by 17. At this moment, ESPN says it's Pats -4. Do the oddsmakers know something we don't? They usually do. :confused: But if I was a betting man, which of course I am, I would take SD and the pts, since NE had to travel.

Falcons 5-7 @ Packers 9-3. Will list this game here, since we have Packers and Falcons fans on this forum, PLUS the Falcons can take a huge step towards 1) a division win, and 2) respectability, if they can somehow go to Lambeau Field and get a "W". Packers can continue to ignore all the tie-breakers for the division lead if they keep winning, since they are 1 game ahead of the Lions.

Top Bottom