• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Jebar's 2015 Nascar Thread

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
You know what? I just may decide to follow NASCAR this season. I've never really truly followed it like a good fan should, because I just never really cared. But I think since I'm older (51), Kansas has 2 races a year, and I learn more each year about the races, maybe I'll follow it this year.

What kinds of things attract you NASCAR fans to the season? How do you decide who your favorite driver is? Does Danica (sp?) need to move on to another circuit? I find myself checking to see how she does in each race, and she doesn't seem to be improving based on her results.

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok...I am reaching here but I thought about this the other day.

Does UPS sponsor a NASCAR driver ?

If so why ?

You have a company that profits itself hugely on eliminating left turns on its delivery routes, but is participating in a sport of going fast and turning left :D.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok...I am reaching here but I thought about this the other day.

Does UPS sponsor a NASCAR driver ?

If so why ?

You have a company that profits itself hugely on eliminating left turns on its delivery routes, but is participating in a sport of going fast and turning left :D.
I've never understood corporate sponsorship of cars anyway. It's like,
"Hey. I need some paper. Where ever will I go?"
"You know, Office Depot sponsors Tony Stewart."
"Cool. I'll go there!"

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
As you wish, take it away Jim. :D

WOW .... I'm honored ..
cool14.gif
.. I've been a NASCAR fan since the early 60's .... several of us teenagers would hang out at Holman and Moody where the fellow who worked there seemed to enjoy us being around .... we were at Charlotte when Fireball Roberts died .... I was a 3 fan who was had trouble latching onto another driver for a good while after his death .... basically, I'm a Chevy fan and pull for any Chevy out front .... some friends really can't stand Danica being in the sport so, I now pull for her .. :D .. the season kicks off with the Sprint Unlimited on Feb 14 .... the 500 is scheduled for 22nd .... anyone planning to attend ??

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
WOW .... I'm honored ..
cool14.gif
.. I've been a NASCAR fan since the early 60's .... several of us teenagers would hang out at Holman and Moody where the fellow who worked there seemed to enjoy us being around .... we were at Charlotte when Fireball Roberts died .... I was a 3 fan who was had trouble latching onto another driver for a good while after his death .... basically, I'm a Chevy fan and pull for any Chevy out front .... some friends really can't stand Danica being in the sport so, I now pull for her .. :D .. the season kicks off with the Sprint Unlimited on Feb 14 .... the 500 is scheduled for 22nd .... anyone planning to attend ??

Sounds like I need to choose a make of car, and then can pull for any of those drivers. What's a good website to follow the NASCAR season?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've never understood corporate sponsorship of cars anyway. It's like,
"Hey. I need some paper. Where ever will I go?"
"You know, Office Depot sponsors Tony Stewart."
"Cool. I'll go there!"

actually the answer is yes .... NASCAR fans have a long, well researched, tendency to support businesses who sponsor NASCAR .... otherwise, spending mega bucks on the sport wouldn't make much sense .... Lowe's sponsorship of the 48 team is reported to have proven to be a major economic plus .... how many folks had heard of Go Daddy before they became sponsors for Danica ..:D

Top Bottom