• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Funding Refused By Paul Elio

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I can't help but continue to be intrigued by the assessments from armchair quarterbacks, self proclaimed authorities on all of the things that Paul and EM are doing wrong .... they do so only having superficial info to go on .... no access to internal records, legal opinion, on going negotiations and such .... as G1 just pointed out, such superficial knowledge can and does lead to erroneous assumptions .... I'll be the first to admit that over time I've seen EM do things that made no sense to me whatsoever but since I don't have access to the info on which the decisions were made, I don't feel qualified to publish judgements/criticisms and present them as facts .... EM will make it or it won't, once the dust settles history will decide .... now for those who are convinced they do in fact know it all, I wonder if they shouldn't start their own company and bring it into production in a manner that will provide a blueprint for others to follow

Reminds me of a major project I was on. I prepared a proposal to senior management (VP level in 3 internal organizations) based on all of the technical information I had available. A couple days after submitting the proposal / recommendation I was surprised by a visit from one of those VPs. We discussed the proposal and the logic. Then the bombshell dropped. The VP told me the proposal was great, but that one of the three candidates had been eliminated by corporate so I would have to do a new proposal eliminating what I, and my team, considered the best candidate.
Several months later the word got out (grape vine) that a VP in another organization had gotten into a p'ing contest with what had been my original choice and as a result all contracts with that other company had been cancelled at corporate level.
It's amazing what you don't know until you finally know it.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If the Elio were electric Paul would be MUCH further down the road. After all , despite the Middle East broiling in terrorism , record #s of Americans not employed , the most important issue for POTUS is taxing carbon use .

If the Elio were electric I'll bet that many of us wouldn't be here.

cantwait

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well Paul's status as a risk taker certainly leaves little to doubt, does it? (Note to self: do not play poker for large stakes with Paul Elio).

I invested what I can afford to lose. I invested because if this does go I'll nail a nice multiple. I mostly I invested because eventually Paul will acrete around himself enough folks who stand to lose a lot more than I will if it does fail that he'll have to make some compromises if he genuinely wishes to succeed and make everyone happy. The real question we need to ask at this point is whether he's crazy or not. Ego has a funny way of infusing otherwise obvious rational decision-making with an element of, how shall we shall, um, unpredictability and self-destructiveness. If Paul gets to the go/no-go point where has only two choices, rename the damn thing a Fiat, sell gazzilions of 'em, and change the planet for the better, or take us all down with him, who's to say he won't do the later? There is no way of knowing for sure, is there?
Thanks for your comments and observations. I am curious about the information that you received as an accredited investor. Was it significantly more informative or complete that the Reg A+ information filed with the SEC? I'm not asking for any details or specifics, just whether you received more extensive information than than the Reg A+ offering provided. I am not requesting that you violate any confidentiality or non-disclosure agreements.

Top Bottom