• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Full Catalog 3 Wheelers Thread

AriLea

Elio Addict
I see no logic in the rear engine front drive configuration. What would be the advantage? Don't think I'd care for a drive chain or belt passing under my right elbow either. I guess a lot of things are possible. But being possible doesn't necessarily mean it's a good idea.
I think eventually, IMO, when EV drives are the norm, 3 Wheel drive will be more common for our 2F1R platform. The FWD is almost required, the final rear just too simple to ignore. And too, these will be 300+MPGe with at least Tesla level acceleration. In such a platform 50% power to the rear will suit for racing and 30% power to the rear for street road warriors. And that can be switch able, even adjustable 10-60%. EV drive can do that.
It's just so super easy to tuck these electric motors where you need them. The batteries not so much until they are more power dense, or we get in-roadway chargers or something. Even Hydrogen Fuel cell power fits that analysis.
large_thumbnail.jpg

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
I think eventually, IMO, when EV drives are the norm, 3 Wheel drive will be more common for our 2F1R platform. The FWD is almost required, the final rear just too simple to ignore. And too, these will be 300+MPGe with at least Tesla level acceleration.

HOW MUCH ELECTRICITY DO YOU GET IN A GALLON ?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
I think eventually, IMO, when EV drives are the norm, 3 Wheel drive will be more common for our 2F1R platform. The FWD is almost required, the final rear just too simple to ignore. And too, these will be 300+MPGe with at least Tesla level acceleration.

The folks over at the EPA have some fancy math they use to get a "Miles Per Gallon equivilant". I used to know how it worked.

AriLea

Elio Addict

-eventually- a lot more (power in batteries) than we do now. How much is required? Enough to sell Tesla's at least. Apparently we have enough right now.
I agree we need more. Not everyone can afford a Tesla, not everyone likes the operational limits.

Last edited:

TCBronson

Elio Addict
OK I have to say it still amazes me how many 3 wheeled vehicles there have been throughout the ages. It does make me wonder why someone before Paul couldn't make it a go with a 2F1R set up. The concept after all is sound.

Coss

Staff member
OK I have to say it still amazes me how many 3 wheeled vehicles there have been throughout the ages. It does make me wonder why someone before Paul couldn't make it a go with a 2F1R set up. The concept after all is sound.
Right product at the right time and it's not being built by the companies you would normally expect (Big3; Toy, Hon, etc.).
Why did the Pet Rock do so well at the time it was introduced?