• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Front Track Is 66.8" About The Same As Any Compact Car [?]

Franklin3

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I have seen the Front Track compared to compact cars a number of times, and 66.8" seemed wide to me. I did a bit of research and I am seeing the Elio front wheel track is closer to an SUV than a Compact.

Here is a viz (on tableau public) with my research results.

I was envisioning the Elio to be smaller than this makes it seem.
I am hoping someone can dispute these findings.

Jeff H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Polaris Slingshot has a Front Track of 69.1" http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/slingshot/specs
I was behind one taking an circling off ramp and the Polaris driver dropped down to 30-35mph taking it. Considering they are sitting off-center because seating is side by side, it looks like the Elio is going to have much better handling.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio has a .7" wider front track than a Ferrari 488 GTB
ferrari_488_gtb_2016_2.jpg

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As a delta trike, the Robin has a 0" front track.

And the H3 "Hummer" is mechanically the same as my Chevy Colorado. Same track width and everything.

Franklin3

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I am actually liking the ELIO footprint size. It should feel great to drive. The only possible issue I can see is when it is being parked, not driven.

Parking is what I am concerned about. Fitting into smaller spaces is one of the benefits I was hoping for with the Elio.

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe not small spaces, but all of those awkward ones with a pole in it or the wedge shaped spots on the end of a row of angled spaces will be fair game.

Top Bottom