• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

From Jets To Police Interceptors This 20+yr Iowa Mechanic Is All In.

Hugharnold

Reaction score
Just a quick shout. I'm a mechanic for the Linn County Sheriff's Office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Live in small town Palo, Iowa.
All in at $100.00 but will upgrade fosho!
Elio pluses for me are too many to count but built in th USA is AOK
Excited about getting in on something that could be so big.
Elio Motors just sounds and feels like a great thing.
James, They say that the cylinders are not sleeved but the process if as good or better. Something about plasma coated and another engine that GM is building has the same process and it's working out fine. I'm a used to be lawnmower shop owner and the cylinders that were not sleeved were wearing out fast and if it wasn't cooling it would ruin them. I'm hoping for the best anyway. I'm buying one anyway.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
James, They say that the cylinders are not sleeved but the process if as good or better. Something about plasma coated and another engine that GM is building has the same process and it's working out fine. I'm a used to be lawnmower shop owner and the cylinders that were not sleeved were wearing out fast and if it wasn't cooling it would ruin them. I'm hoping for the best anyway. I'm buying one anyway.
Hugharnold and James Sparks. Go to the Elio Motors website. There is a good explanation of the cylinder plasma spray process.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a quick shout. I'm a mechanic for the Linn County Sheriff's Office in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
Live in small town Palo, Iowa.
All in at $100.00 but will upgrade fosho!
Elio pluses for me are too many to count but built in th USA is AOK
Excited about getting in on something that could be so big.
Elio Motors just sounds and feels like a great thing.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, James Sparks. Not too sure how I missed you the first time around since I try to welcome everyone as they join. However, late as it is, I hope you have been enjoying this group and that things have been going well for you. As a reservationist, I hope you filled out our survey so you are on our map. Level doesn't matter, having a reservation does. Hope you can find the time to share your thoughts and ideas as we take this exciting journey to Elio production and ownership. See you next year in my 2015 Elio. :-) Z

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to you also Hugharnold. I'm from Oregon and as the oldest, most active woman on the site I can assure you there is a lot to learn. Many things have changed in our life times and they are still changing. One of the wonderful gifts Paul Elio is giving us is a chance to experience some of those wonderful progressions in a truly unique vehicle designed with quality and low price in mind. The fact that he has included all his suppliers in on the building and fine tuning of the Elio encourages all to achieve the best they can for our future benefit. I hope you will take the time to read all the information available on the Elio and then share your ideas with the rest of us. See you next year in my 2015 Elio. :-) Z

Top Bottom