• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elios Mileage Range Vs Storage

Coolride

Elio Fan
Reaction score
OK you people, enough is enough ! forget about the smaller fuel tank and more cargo area. The main reason that the Elio has a small storage space has nothing to do with the size of the fuel tank but has to do with the rear wheel suspension travel and the rear seat . Even if you do make a smaller fuel tank lets say by 2 gals. How much cargo space did you gain? You still can't put an extra suitcase in the area,or extra golf clubs at best maybe an over night bag at best ! Keep the 8 gallon fuel tank and have the cross country range of 600 miles, and then if you so need more storage purchase or rent from Uhaul a roof mounted luggage container. That way you whiners of storage can have your extra storage space and have less range between fill ups! For the most of us that are interested in the Elio is for great fuel economy and the 600 mile s per tank between fill ups. I drive more locally on a day to day basis than a once a year throw everything in the car vacation trip. If I decide that I want to drive cross country I'll pack light or rent/ buy a trailer that sure will be made available as an after market option or rent/buy a roof mount luggage container. I would have the best of both worlds this way and that the Few won't dictate for the majority there wishes on a lesser AND car in which the Elio was designed for.

acamara

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Realize you are unlikely to get 650 miles on a tank.
You will probably not get 84 MPG. That's maximum MPG at steady-state highway speed.
A more realistic MPG is probably 60-70 MPG in mixed driving, so 500-ish miles/tank is more likely.
I'm A-OK with that.
Agreed.

Also, single Occupancy Elios, would be getting better MPGs than those with a passengers. Less Jack Rabbit starts and coasting to a stop rather than slamming on th brake will also increase the Range per tank full.

All in all MPG from 60-84 on the Highway would be fantastic. As would 40-46 in the City.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I

He best check who's knocking first; I'm sure a State Patrol wouldn't like seeing that pointing at him; and that's usually the most likely person to be checking on someone sleeping in a car.
Your brother might have to learn a little more control before he puts himself in a bad position.
Well.......yea........look first :)

Top Bottom