• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio On Display At Your Friendly Local Pepboys (flpb)

Jeff Bowlsby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Glad to see Elio stopping by PepBoys in Albuquerque NM. Is this a first?

Its a great opportunity to promote the Elio and cement the PepBoyz connection to the public and the local PB team. Good for cross-marketing. Drive it around the neighborhood on the local streets, great for local publicity and photo ops. And it gives EM a chance to scope out local PB team personnel and facilities. Is PB marketing the Elio? They should already have a window poster and handouts in every local PB.

The Elio at PepBoys should be a regular event on the tour if for even just a one day visit enroute to the next tour stop.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This stop was the first at a Pep Boys, Pam Vassallo said.

I did ask some questions.

1. The capitol question and oxygen freezing temp got blank stares, a look of "why the hell are you asking that?", and an awkward silence.
2. The paint system is PPG. The color code for Red Hot will be made available as it is a final color. The others may be tweaked.
3. The trunk will lock but whether that is a lock or pull release from inside wasn't known by the road crew.
4. Hood pins will be different and the hood will lock.
5. While at the Insurance thing a while back, they had the Elio do the cone weave and did it at 65 easy. The driver of the Polaris Slingshot turned off the stability control of the Slingshot and went through at 50 mph... well, part of it. He leaned one way, then the other, then it flipped over on its top and slid on its top in front of the Insurance companies. The guy from the road crew said he and Jerome looked under there because the guy driving got his head dragged along the ground. (He was wearing a helmet)
6. The P5 frame is done... that isn't news but the fact that the rest of the 25 are all under construction was news to me.
7. There are a lot of sagging pants, hookers, and heroin addicts on Central in Albuquerque.... literally, a pile of needles at the Pep Boys corner.
8. If you pull into O'Rielly's Auto parts, you'll have just enough time to say "Where in the hell is Elio. I thought they'd still be here." Before realizing you are half a block from Pep Boys. Don't ask how I know that. :rolleyes:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

1. The capitol question and oxygen freezing temp got blank stares, a look of "why the hell are you asking that?", and an awkward silence.
2. The paint system is PPG. The color code for Red Hot will be made available as it is a final color. The others may be tweaked.
3. The trunk will lock but whether that is a lock or pull release from inside wasn't known by the road crew.
5. While at the Insurance thing a while back, they had the Elio do the cone weave and did it at 65 easy. The driver of the Polaris Slingshot turned off the stability control of the Slingshot and went through at 50 mph... well, part of it. He leaned one way, then the other, then it flipped over on its top and slid on its top in front of the Insurance companies. The guy from the road crew said he and Jerome looked under there because the guy driving got his head dragged along the ground. (He was wearing a helmet)
6. The P5 frame is done... that isn't news but the fact that the rest of the 25 are all under construction was news to me.
7. There are a lot of sagging pants, hookers, and heroin addicts on Central in Albuquerque.... literally, a pile of needles at the Pep Boys corner.
8. If you pull into O'Rielly's Auto parts, you'll have just enough time to say "Where in the hell is Elio. I thought they'd still be here." Before realizing you are half a block from Pep Boys. Don't ask how I know that. :rolleyes:

Video for #5

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Could you clarify question #1 please?

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
_20150930_201728.JPG

Proof the Elio was at Pep Boys. (My red F350 is just in the frame on the left). That handsome devil? That's me. LOL. Pam said to look like nO was checking the Elio out.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where is the Elio video?

I was trying to find what "Ty" was describing as the "cone weave" test.
All I found were pictures of motorcycles slow riding through cones for state drivers tests.
After those non productive results decided to try "iihs slalom car test".
That's when I came up with the Polaris Sling Shot video.
Posted it because it was consistent with Ty's report.
Never did find an Elio video.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am surprised Pep Boys is not showing off the Elio at all their stores. Being the official service center for a large vehicle company gives Pep Boys much more credibility and allows them to expand into new areas.

You would think Elio was not really that excited about Pep Boys.

Top Bottom