• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

lafrisbee

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I reveled in the negative backlash pointing out how terrible the Elgin dash was. I did so because I hoped only Paul and I would pay for the Elgin upgrade, and that it would be as silly as it looks. If everyone has one it takes a lot of my incentive to want one away.
I still might get it just because it is still pretty goofy looking, and will be a "signature" of the autocycle.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not sure that I have a problem with the gauges whether digital or analog......my issue was with the overall interior styling of the dash.....not the readouts. Which interior is more visually appealing and pleasant to sit in? It seems the first interior dash photo has more rounded lines (sweet steering wheel) matching the lines of the Elio. The second photo seems more Squarish (simple Steering wheel) and matches my old F-150 pickup truck dash appearance. I know style is personal preference and some don't care. It's will be Elio's decision in the end and will all be fine.
image.jpg

image.jpg

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Closing in on 1000 Positive posts Zelio is both wise and worth listening to. Pass judgement when you physically see the facts. Run Elio, Run!
WAITING, to comment on a visibly 'flawed design' is a 'fools errand'..... it is TOO LATE..... after the fact! If you cannot make a 'judgement' by their picture, and your past experience (and millions of other drivers)...... then maybe you should not be 'behind the wheel'. One female 'future owner' said it would be like staring at a pair of "Steele Boobs" while driving...... could be distracting for some of us. Maybe we should call it the "SB Display" instead of the 'Elgin Watch' display.

Attachments

• 0-ElginDash.jpg
    0-ElginDash.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 415

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My 'backup' plan to the "SB/Elgin Display" is a small 7-9" tablet, with an 'Instrument App' connected to the OBDII connector.

Attachments

• 0-OBDII-dash.jpg
    0-OBDII-dash.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 407

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WAITING, to comment on a visibly 'flawed design' is a 'fools errand'..... it is TOO LATE..... after the fact! If you cannot make a 'judgement' by their picture, and your past experience (and millions of other drivers)...... then maybe you should not be 'behind the wheel'. One female 'future owner' said it would be like staring at a pair of "Steele Boobs" while driving...... could be distracting for some of us. Maybe we should call it the "SB Display" instead of the 'Elgin Watch' display.
Without an instantly recognizable speed display while clever this thing is downright dangerous if you have the least bit of visual impairment.

H2odog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I reveled in the negative backlash pointing out how terrible the Elgin dash was. I did so because I hoped only Paul and I would pay for the Elgin upgrade, and that it would be as silly as it looks. If everyone has one it takes a lot of my incentive to want one away.
I still might get it just because it is still pretty goofy looking, and will be a "signature" of the autocycle.
Maybe they will let you get one of those that the crash dummies couldn't read either. Now THAT one would have stories to tell!:p

Top Bottom