• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Gauge Cluster - Lord Elgin? - Other Options?

Elgin Dash Yes or No?

• Total voters

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Needs a coat of shiny black boiler paint, then a lot of polish applied to the copper and brass. I'd go for a big valve wheel instead of the masochistic bicycle chain and sprockets steering wheel. Steampunk to me is the triumph of "Victorian" mecca-sophisticate over the junkyard. I'd suggest an option for an Elio external-combustion engine . . . your backseater can stoke the boiler. . . .

steampunk-1.jpg

;)

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM is choosing among instrument panels you can't read, I got several new "clock" apps for my W-phone that are really cool, but don't ask me what time it is, it's going to take a while to figure any one of them out. Artists. :rolleyes:

Lil4X

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Incredible! Despite the 70-30% rejection of the Elgin Dash on this forum it looks like Paul Elio remains determined to deliver the "SB" instrument panel. That's a big disappointment. I only hope the aftermarket produces something more useful quickly.

If any proof of the inadequacy of the Elgin display is needed I would ask why it was never popular, nor even successfully imitated by any other watchmaker. Big stainless disk with tiny, closely-spaced numbers with no reference? How is this good?

Anyone got a deal on a used Geo panel?

Last edited:
Top Bottom