• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, the video on the startengine website for Elio Motors is quite well done. Almost TV commercial quality. Maybe we'll see an edited 15 or 20-second version of it on TV in the future.
Yep that works for me 2. There have been maybe three at TV level quality. That's pretty much at the top of the drama-centric versions.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm like Bliokart, well 'cept I'm on the mongrel side of white :). With so many reservations, I'll put in 1k each before I consider investment funding. Can't seem to muster up even that cash right now, even though I can qualify for the lending.

But if I ever do get my full reservation money in, count me in too.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So AriLea it sounds like you feel would it be more helpful to increase my measly all in amount than do some smart money?
Good point, yes agreed, I think either route gives EM money to work with. In the one case, for now, you get a 50% return on your reservation money. In the other your profit relates to the investment market. But it is something EM doesn't have to payback at a defined point. Unless the company is successful financially and declares a dividend.

Either route raises EM's stature.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
No added crowd funding EM investment for me until there is a product or at least a few of the P5-30's on the test track. It seems that if one can afford a maximum $1k investment it would be better to upgrade their reservation because of the 50% return. Also, if one is planning to finance their Elio an investment is likely not good financial planning.

It seems the investment at this point is in a dream and the acquired EM current and future debt. With that said, I hope it works as one of the funding options for both potential investors and EM.........mostly investors willing to throw more money at the Elio Dream. Go Elio.

Last edited:

wjdom

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WTF ! After clicking that link all my bookmarks for Eliomotors.com were hijacked and redirect me to that stupid startengine.com. Had to delete the bookmarks, search for EM and re-save. I'd like to pull the friggin plug wires on strartengine.jerks.
AMEN! Tried to re save EM site, but every time I do it takes me to the Start Engine site. How do I get the old site back!!!

Top Bottom