• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Crowdfunding

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Up to 24.12% in just an hour. But that's still about 3 months to 100% assuming that rate holds steady, and we only have one month. I'm going to be watching very closely when that AMA happens on Thursday to see if the rate bumps up significantly over the weekend.

RadRich

Elio Fan
Reaction score
24.09 % just now.... Paul must be freaking.... in a good way!
It's at 24.12% now.

Yeah, seems like the crowdfunding is doing better than the actual reservations for the CAR, lol.
I'm about to pull the trigger on maybe $500, but I'm not sure of the ROI. Does anyone know?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Keep hearing about these graphs on "StartEngine". I don't find them.
(And I looked.)
StartEngine may be my all time least favorite web site.
Of course you don't like startengine website. You are a technical person interested in information. This website is not primarily interested in transferring information. It is primarily interested in being trendy and looking attractive. The major audience of it are young people. I do not like the website either. I too am a technical person and primarily interested in information. Unfortunately we both are in the minority.

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's at 24.12% now.

Yeah, seems like the crowdfunding is doing better than the actual reservations for the CAR, lol.
I'm about to pull the trigger on maybe $500, but I'm not sure of the ROI. Does anyone know?
That's really hard to say, especially since this is a relatively new method of investing. Since it's pre-IPO, all that's being offered here would be restricted stock worth nothing if I understand correctly. That's not really a bad thing--it's just traditionally regular people haven't been allowed to get in on this stage of the investment process. You'll see this kind of strategy more and more going forward. So until this stuff is publicly traded, I think ROI is basically negative whatever you put in.

As for if it does hit IPO, though, I'd be really interested in someone coming in to break down some estimates of what could be expected and maybe provide some comparisons to existing companies' histories. Stock market math is something I essentially know nothing about. To me this is just a Kickstarter where you don't get a T-shirt, but may (or may not) get something much better.

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's at 24.12% now.

I don't know, we have almost 25% since it's inception a week ago Friday? That is pretty amazing! If Elio is trying to prove a point about the enthusiasm surrounding this venture this is pretty telling, don't you agree? What other kickstart type venture raises 10 Mill in a week?

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I too am a technical person and primarily interested in information.
I'd imagine their line of thinking on this is heavily influenced by the fact it looks like most of the projects have failed to reach their goal and how unlikely it is that a single investor could push the bar up by a percent. If a gambler could walk up to a machine and see all the numbers spelled right out, he might think twice, and if someone places what, to them, is a significant amount of money but they're able to see very clearly that they didn't make a dent, it can be a negative experience. By not showing the numbers, they leave a lot to the imagination, which probably works better for getting the bulk of the audience to take the intended action when the goal is so astronomical compared to most fundraising in this format.

That said, I like the details, too, and I wish they'd buried them in a slightly shallower place than the source code.

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I don't know, we have almost 25% since it's inception a week ago Friday? That is pretty amazing! If Elio is trying to prove a point about the enthusiasm surrounding this venture this is pretty telling, don't you agree? What other kickstart type venture raises 10 Mill in a week?
I would agree. That is an insane number to raise in such a short period of time. Demand for this thing is real. I'm thinking we're going to see a case of big pushes all at once and then other days when it only goes up by a tiny bit as each interested group sees it, invests, runs out of steam, and then the next big group becomes aware.

userexec

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
25.15 % up about 1% in just a couple hours. I wish we could track and graph this somehow. Anyone know how to make one of those robots that can track this on an hourly basis? Outside my skill set, but what fun! I wish Zelio could see this.
I'm on it. I had an old project laying around with code perfect for scraping data from a remote website without an API, so I've already made it to the point where I can get a webpage to display the percentage out of StartEngine. Graphing historical data will be a taller order, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I'll see if I can get that going this evening and, worst case scenario, at least put up a webpage you can refresh to see the percentage right now.

zarquon

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm on it. I had an old project laying around with code perfect for scraping data from a remote website without an API, so I've already made it to the point where I can get a webpage to display the percentage out of StartEngine. Graphing historical data will be a taller order, but I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I'll see if I can get that going this evening and, worst case scenario, at least put up a webpage you can refresh to see the percentage right now.
You really don't mess around. I'm impressed!

Top Bottom