• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Buyer Financing Options Discussion

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
o_O
Thanks, since I am insured by them you have saved me the effort and I look forward to their response
Yeah. I am too. They don't insure motorcycles any more but they refer to Progressive for bike insurance. I'm curious as to how they'll answer. If they come back saying that it'll be considered a motorcycle and be financed at the motorcycle rate, I may have to give them a stern talking to. LOL

elio_curious

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
The Financing that anybody interested in the Elio should be concerned with is

HOW they're going to finance the Factory start up... I don't understand why this isn't brought up very often, well maybe I do - it's too scary to think about...

The whole production situation is a Catch 22 - In order to sell these cars for ~ $6,800, they have to sell TONS of them...

In order to Sell TONS of them, the Factory (and ALL the parts) has to be financed by __________ (investors) for __________ (many $ Millions)

a Serious leap of faith for the Investors... perhaps too much of a leap? We'll see

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

HOW they're going to finance the Factory start up... I don't understand why this isn't brought up very often, well maybe I do - it's too scary to think about...

The whole production situation is a Catch 22 - In order to sell these cars for ~ $6,800, they have to sell TONS of them...

In order to Sell TONS of them, the Factory (and ALL the parts) has to be financed by __________ (investors) for __________ (many $ Millions)

a Serious leap of faith for the Investors... perhaps too much of a leap? We'll see
I think (yes, everyone has opinions) that once Elio can show that they have ##,### deposits on future production that the investment money will show up in short order. It's less of a bet knowing that the millions put up will, at the least, sell $99,436,400 worth of Elios in the first year ($6,800 X 14,623 pre orders). Yes, I know that won't cover the investment but it is a VERY good start. Yes, I know they don't make much per sale but it seems more likely that someone would take a chance on the company if there was a lot of interest in the product. Now, if Paul can just convince the right people that it will be profitable to invest in the company...

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score

Unfortunately I can't discuss details however what I can say is that there should be some major news about Elio Motors production financing goals sometime this summer.

You will just have to trust me on this, but I believe most of you know me well enough to know that I would not post something like this without being sure of the source. What I can say is that it is the same source that provided the engine block photos I posted yesterday.

Top Bottom