• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Elio Buyer Financing Options Discussion

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
upload_2014-4-29_9-21-0.jpeg

3 Card

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Old dude here, get confused especially if I haven't had my morning pitcher of Margaritas yet
Hay, I posted here too. Then I remembered today one was all ready started. A lot of information is lost or rehashed when a good forum starts to get to many threads that are doubled. JMO

WAYNE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
o_O
Yeah. I am too. They don't insure motorcycles any more but they refer to Progressive for bike insurance. I'm curious as to how they'll answer. If they come back saying that it'll be considered a motorcycle and be financed at the motorcycle rate, I may have to give them a stern talking to. LOL
Nationwide gave me a great deal on my trike insured for 19,000

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Dealers love people in your age group with a ding or two in credit file.. The reason? Just like you just mentioned, they advertise " we'll get you financed".. They try making you mainly focuse on if you can or can not buy over what will it cost.. They will add as much as 10 percentage points to what you can actually get it for..You want an suggestion from an old dude who went through stuff like that in youth ?.. Go to your bank now, tell them what you are planning to buy, start an Elio savings account and fund it as much as you can in the next year..Believe me when the time comes they will give you a loan , and a low 3 to 6 % interest rate..Banks do not charge high rates , dealers pump up the points to make $$ on the back end of loans.. Buyers need to learn to never discuss payments or financing with dealers , just arm wrestle the price, watch out for the dealer bs fees they try inserting go to a bank.. Remember if a lender is going to turn you down the same lender will reject your application from a dealer, if they are going to approve you , do it direct and not give the F & I desk at the Stealership a chance to cram interest and plus , plus, plus-es up your ass..Go to a local bank or national chain, Do not go to a finance company..You will be fine !..Ps..I may have wrote this reply to the wrong post it was ment for the two people who are concerned about iffy credit not for Craig who plans on a cash purchase.
Good advice, I'd say.

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
$50 less than your car or bike? A month or year?
I guess I should have been more specific (sorry) $50 less than my current car for 6mo policy... or $8.33/mo less.
My current car is a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix with a little over 130k miles on it and a value under $4k... except for tax appraisal purposes of $9k *rollseyes* We have a Republican government here, and they've kept their promises of not raising tax rates, instead they raise the appraised values of property that gets taxed.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess I should have been more specific (sorry) $50 less than my current car for 6mo policy... or $8.33/mo less.
My current car is a 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix with a little over 130k miles on it and a value under $4k... except for tax appraisal purposes of $9k *rollseyes* We have a Republican government here, and they've kept their promises of not raising tax rates, instead they raise the appraised values of property that gets taxed.
Did you ask them on what grounds they had to insure as a car when the vin says it's a motorcycle? They are the ones fleecing. Call them up and tell them you just bought a new bike for 7K and ask them how much to insure.

karl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They give the Bentley boys a break. Just upgrade.

Top Bottom