• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Do Not Write To Doe. Write Here Instead:

Have you written to greatagain.gov?

• Yes

Votes: 40 62.5%
  • Yes, and have invited others to participate

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Not yet, but will soon

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • No, I won't be participating

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
MORE TWEETS

What will make America Great Again? #Elio, that’s what. Learn how you can help here: http://www.elioowners.com/posts/173185/

Think Trump should know about @Eliomotors, the “huge” little car? Here’s how to tell him. http://www.elioowners.com/posts/173185/

Saving the Carrier jobs was great, but @Eliomotors will create a lot more. Here’s how to tell him #Trump about it. http://www.elioowners.com/posts/173185/

#Trump will love the #Elio.1500–15,000 jobs and all he has to do is tell DOE to get on with their jobs. http://www.elioowners.com/posts/173185/ RT pls!
<
:horn:>

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
OK so here is a draft version of my letter. I try to tie the Elio to how it benefits the administration, touting it as a win-win opportunity. Hopefully I'll post it later today or this weekend.

Dear Mr. Trump and his advisors,

It can't be emphasized enough, that the vocal middle-class supporters of the Trump presidency need to see some improvement during the first six months of the new administration. This can't just be something related to general business improvements, which often have a delayed affect. Having some material improvement now is of paramount importance.

And the challenges are great. Any change to government policy or economic strategies would normally initially be disruptive to the working class employment before any positive effects are felt.

Fortunately there is an avenue that would directly affect the target area of working class incomes and finances. This is something that the Obama administration had not seen fit to enable in time, therefore a Trump administration could easily take advantage of it.

This is it; Simply approve the ATVM loan guarantee for the Elio Motors application. Immediately this would give some hope and a positive issue to talk about. How is this so? The car is so inexpensive it will pay for itself in operating savings and increased reach to resources for the owner. We're talking here about half up to one quarter the cost of other new commuter vehicles, at $7000 each unit. And also we're talking about double to three times the energy efficiency at around 84 miles per gallon. Even other operating cost will be lower. All the time being a highly safe vehicle to operate.

Directly speaking the Elio car is specifically meant to benefit the cost minded commuter. This is by and large the working class. Especially to those looking for work or seeking higher education.

Owning this car enables more highly efficient accomplishment of all life tasks that involve local travel. The money saved will go directly back into the economy, and immediately affect the lives of all working class Americans.

The simple availability of this car, due to the unique financing program, will better enable the people with the most need to find work. It also enables the movement of people to most other daily objectives such as going to school or dropping a child off at daycare. The car is so cheap, it can be owned in addition to other vehicles with little impact financially.

In a changing economic environment, having available, flexible and inexpensive transportation will be an imperative. Especially if you want a public who is active, optimistic, enabled and thereby happy with their lot in life.

-me-

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a good start, but I'd make it more concise. Whoever is reading these will have to sort through a ton of these things and yours has to stand out to get the consideration it deserves. At least add some sort of hook to start off. Maybe mention something about the 1500 jobs directly in Shreveport and that EM will help create even more at many of the traditional auto suppliers (who happen to still reside in the rust belt)

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's a good start, but I'd make it more concise. Whoever is reading these will have to sort through a ton of these things and yours has to stand out to get the consideration it deserves. At least add some sort of hook to start off. Maybe mention something about the 1500 jobs directly in Shreveport and that EM will help create even more at many of the traditional auto suppliers (who happen to still reside in the rust belt)

Good point. Start your draft. I used, "America needs Jobs" in the first line. Other hooks could be: American manufacturing needs to be restored, The Elio will reduce energy consumption, the Elio will get smog producing vehicles off the street. etc.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried posting more then one message on that link?
Not more then one message in the same session, but come back a second day (or even later in the same day) and posted something different?

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Would an online petition that can be signed by a bunch of folks work as well? One could post a short note on the Trump site that summarizes the points and then links to the petition itself?

Bikebrains

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good point. Start your draft. I used, "America needs Jobs" in the first line. Other hooks could be: American manufacturing needs to be restored, The Elio will reduce energy consumption, the Elio will get smog producing vehicles off the street. etc.
Good point. Argumentative writing requires a bit of planning. As with all writing, consider your audience. The following link has advise for using seven techniques that can be employed in good argumentative writing:
http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/composition/argument.htm

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be another "War and Peace".
In fact, it will probably be much more effective if it's very short and to the point.
How many of those staffers are actually going to wade through each and every flowery 2500 character contribution?

Just K.I.S.S. and get 'er done.

And... I think multiple postings by one individual will hurt the cause if they're monitoring IP addresses.

floydv

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be another "War and Peace".
In fact, it will probably be much more effective if it's very short and to the point.
How many of those staffers are actually going to wade through each and every flowery 2500 character contribution?

Just K.I.S.S. and get 'er done.

And... I think multiple postings by one individual will hurt the cause if they're monitoring IP addresses.
Which is why I suggested a petition to add to individual testimonials.

Top Bottom