• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Dirtiest Desk To Monitor Elio Progress!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This seems a worthy subject! Who has the most eclectic monitoring workstation?
I'll judge based on all the commentary, basically what you say the most 'eclectic' statements about, that's your vote! Yes, character is more important than dirt, but dirt will do!

Once it's uploaded I'll post one of mine here. Enter more than one so long as we see the Elio Motors, Elio Owners, or the Start Engines website on your monitor. Yes that's a requirement. :-)

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Guys! these are too charming to ignore, so I reposted your images!
Behold! Entries on behalf of Ekh (Eric) and Bowers Baldwin. By all means name them too.

Eric's Elio Watching Station
_DSC6021 Eric Elio-Watching Station.jpg

Bowers OCD Therapy Station (BB you may rename this if you like. )
BowersBaldwin.jpg

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
:ranger: You ask a retired Geek to post his Command Central? No Problem :becky:
Well I took down the top 2 monitors so here's the balance of it:

IMGP6615.JPG

And pulling back a little further, you can see the multi-station (screen is dark); that's the one that can have up to 4 computers hooked to it.
It's what I use when I have a few to build or fix. The closet has the 2 routers, wireless TX, main switch for house LAN, secondary switch for business LAN, 3 modems (2 internet feeds and one for phones) and the patch panels.

IMGP6614.JPG

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay... I can't take pictures at work. But, I think I can compete with Coss's set up... Here goes.

Computer.jpg

That's my workstation. It's pretty state of the art. It's a power saving monochrome monitor (never mind the white on there... it's a lens flare and some dust)

Anyway, I was having some network problems and got Bob to help me figure it out. Here's a picture of Bob in my network hub that only this one computer hooks up to.

Bob.jpg

So, there you go. My dial up modem doesn't use too much wire... Bob thinks it's a little antiquated though.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 6357
These are 8" ers, I just assumed those were too, but I stand by my statement, I still like (and have a few left) 8" floppies....
Arrgh I was trying to ignore the fact there were 8" disks; those disks were such a nightmare with their whopping 175-500KB capacity.
I doubt if very many people remember when 62kb to 68kb was enough to hold a program.

Top Bottom