• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Did You Get This Letter?

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Mine was a new order 1K NR and I did not get this letter either, just standard email confirmation with order #.
Being a tad bit paranoid, on rare occasions, my draft letter in '65 and this, I have checked several times and my account dashboard shows I'm still there. Geez, the days creep by, I've chewed my fingernails all the way to the second knuckle, waiting on the T shirt and sticker as well as the "magic" number!
:D:(:):Dand so on!

Macadamean

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Let me know if you get your number in few days? We can try and work on this so we don't loose our place or number. I checked all of my spam since July 9, 2014.
On facebook, one person stated they didn't receive their number. After confirming how long it had been, Elio instructed them to contact customer support. If you don't receive a number in the next batch (due tomorrow, I guess) I would contact them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I went "All In" at the $1000.00 level on July 5th, 2014. No production number yet... Hoping to see it tomorrow.

NO, I say something is wrong. Please write to tellmemore and tell them. I did mine late evening 7-7-14, it was taken from my banking account the very next day. My # is 5648. I think things are very screwed up, Not only yours Douglas, but a lot of people. I know mine was and I settled it right away. You need to do the same. Anybody who made their reservation or upped their reservation on or before 7-7-14 and hasn't gotten their number PLEASE WRITE IN AND GET IT STRAIGHTEN OUT. I believe new people were hired at this time and me, Douglas and a bunch of folks got our reservations screwed up. And the problem didn't stop there.

I am off the fence now and speaking out. Something is WRONG.
Things got even more screwed up in the big rush, the week of August 17th through September first.
I DON'T BELIEVE THE RESERVATION NUMBERS WERE COUNTED RIGHT DURING THE BIG RUSH. I SUSPECT FOLKS WHO UPPED THEIR RESERVATIONS WERE COUNTED AS NEW RESERVATIONS. I am dead serious. There is no way 6,328 NEW reservations were made in just 22 days. Some of them were upped reservations all ready counted once. THIS IS WHY WE HAVEN'T HAVE THE ALL IN NUMBERS RELEASED SINCE 7-8-14.

AND The person who is claiming they have a reservation number of 7,000 something is either mistaken or lying.

Reaction score
NO, I say something is wrong. Please write to tellmemore and tell them. I did mine late evening 7-7-14, it was taken from my banking account the very next day. My # is 5648. I think things are very screwed up, Not only yours Douglas, but a lot of people. I know mine was and I settled it right away. You need to do the same. Anybody who made their reservation or upped their reservation on or before 7-7-14 and hasn't gotten their number PLEASE WRITE IN AND GET IT STRAIGHTEN OUT. I believe new people were hired at this time and me, Douglas and a bunch of folks got our reservations screwed up. And the problem didn't stop there.

I am off the fence now and speaking out. Something is WRONG.
Things got even more screwed up in the big rush, the week of August 8th through September first.
I DON'T BELIEVE THE RESERVATION NUMBERS WERE COUNTED RIGHT DURING THE BIG RUSH. I SUSPECT FOLKS WHO UPPED THEIR RESERVATIONS WERE COUNTED AS NEW RESERVATIONS. I am dead serious. There is no way 6,328 NEW reservations were made in just 22 days. Some of them were upped reservations all ready counted once. THIS IS WHY WE HAVEN'T HAVE THE ALL IN NUMBERS RELEASED SINCE 7-8-14.

AND The person who is claiming they have a reservation number of 7,000 something is either mistaken or lying.

AND CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS. DID YOU UP YOUR RESERVATION OR MAKE A SECOND ONE?????????????????

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
AND CHECK YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS. DID YOU UP YOUR RESERVATION OR MAKE A SECOND ONE?????????????????

If we all look at our account dashboards it is there in black & white. I went all in 1K NR on August 21 and that is exactly what is shown on mine, along with an Invoice number. Definitely check your bank records!! Mine is exactly correct and I was in the middle of the crunch. If these two sources match just take a pill, sit down and enjoy this wonderful ride!
It will be OK!!
I don't mean to be overly critical of anyone, but we shouldn't start a PANIC without checking these first, we're just going to tie up valuable EM employees time! Remember there are only 25 of them, which if I'm not mistaken includes tour staff.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
If we all look at our account dashboards it is there in black & white. I went all in 1K NR on August 21 and that is exactly what is shown on mine, along with an Invoice number. Definitely check your bank records!! Mine is exactly correct and I was in the middle of the crunch. If these two sources match just take a pill, sit down and enjoy this wonderful ride!
It will be OK!!
I don't mean to be overly critical of anyone, but we shouldn't start a PANIC without checking these first, we're just going to tie up valuable EM employees time! Remember there are only 25 of them, which if I'm not mistaken includes tour staff.

As Dusty said there is not need to panic. Simply log into your Elio account and check your financial statements to verify all is there then contact Elio Motors and tell them what is wrong and they will be glad to assist you. You can email them or contact them via phone at the contact information on the website contact page.

As Dusty mentioned this is still a startup company with only about two dozen employees, most of the design and engineering is done by outside firms, and they do the best they can however things just sometimes slip through the cracks and/or email does not make it where it should. The have always been very helpful to any members who have had issues even if the member themselves was the one who made the mistake. :)

Dusty921

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WHEE!! My Elio shirt and sticker arrived yesterday, just 18 days after my order.The sky is not falling!! "Trust The Force, Luke"*
Seriously, my friends, this is a very exciting adventure and we should revel in the experience. Stay positive and welcome each new Elio'er with the same infectious cheer that the staff here on Elio Owners welcomed each of us. Share ideas, information and news.
Keep the faith and "May Da Schwartz, Be With Yoooooooooou"**

* Star Wars
** Spaceballs

Reaction score
On July 7th I upped my $100.00 deposit to $1,000. July 10th I discovered instead of charging my bank account $900.00, they took $1,000.00. Plus I received two confirmation letter for two different reservation numbers.5648 & 5649. I should have only gotten one. After talking to Chip on the phone I decided to keep the 5648 & put the extra $100.00 on a third elio for my daughter. It WAS SCREWED UP.

OK, So I checked my dashboard. My #1685 that I placed last October is not even showing up. My order I place with $100.00 in February was never changed, but I got a new order #5648 placed 7-8-14.

Then there is the little problem of the reservation numbers and the order numbers getting intermingled, during the rush. Don't tell me things are not screwed up. Proof; The all-In numbers haven't been emailed since 7-8-14.

Last edited:
Top Bottom