• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Concerned Buyer

Gas-Powered Awesome

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, Wilson. :D

It's always been highly unlikely that Elio would succeed. Remember most start-ups fail. Also remember every car company started in this or the 20th century failed, with one exception. All of them failed except Telsa (so far).

That said, Elio hasn't failed yet and progress continues without obvious fatal problems. Paul Elio hasn't relented in his vision and remains committed to success. So if anything we should be elated they've lasted this long and they continue to move forward.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
bottom line, nobody outside of the top folks within EM have access to all aspects of the project and even they may not be 100% sure .... anyone outside of the core group that professes to know is just guessing .... the good news is, with every passing day we get closer to knowing one way or the other .... my guess is that it will .... that is based on following the positive trends and knowing of the intense effort being made .... welcome aboard and enjoy the ride with us as we watch history taking place

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't know how you all feel, but I am starting to feel a bit concerned on whether this car is actually ever gonna hit the market.....
Welcome wilson roman! Hey, I may share your concern from time to time, but the news and build photos of the P5's progress and recently announced October completion and November unveil to the public is reason to be optimistic. If the P5 doesn't happen concern. Regardless it's taking much longer than expected and some reservationists grow impatient with relative confidence it's going to happen.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I don't know how you all feel, but I am starting to feel a bit concerned on whether this car is actually ever gonna hit the market.....

Hang in there Wilson! This following of a vehicle startup company is not for the faint of heart. :amen:

Elio is definitely not going to start production when many of us would like them to: tomorrow. But, there is still hope. Expect the worst, hope for the best.
Now, a distraction, which in many ways is a great function of this forum... longest animated smilie that I've seen: :attention:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll be lying if I don't admit that I share your concern. It is frustrating that "target" dates have been missed several times and I would say the main reason is still the lack of funding. As much I want to get excited about the up coming reveal of the P5, or the start of E series being built, we are still nowhere near from getting our own Elio. Then again, EM needs to publish a "target" date to keep the hopes alive even if they knew everything is tied down to when the money will come in. Another thing that concerns me is how EM can deliver a quality product for the base price of $6800? Quality does not come cheap! We've heard it over and over again from EM that ELIO is half a car so it should cost less...well, that remains to be seen when they have the final tally on how they should price the ELIO and still make some profit for everyone involved in this project. The magnitude of undertaking a project like the ELIO from concept to actual production is huge but I have to believe that they are close....they just need the capital to get to the finish line...and I'll be there waiting for my shiny new ELIO!

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Welcome, as noted there are many who try and interpret every crumb and piece of info, to advance or sink the project.
No one outside the EM inner circle knows, and a few times when they did "share", they were as a result of a broken "crystal ball" (P.E.) i.e. information later turned out to be not true.
Today is Friday, and we are treated to a blog post, many of which lately have references to holidays, and the continued attempts to raise the $$$.
Doesn't matter P5, one engine, secure factory, EM is facing an uphill battle, as costs continue to rise, and thoughts of production is grounded.
On the upside, there are some great jokes, good recipes, modification ideas, first trips, an ongoing concern about the gas filler location, dashboard, and as you'll notice much stuff whose purpose is to keep us entertained while we wait.
Oh, forgot to mention, and very importantly, as of now there will be no yellow as a color option.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Remember most start-ups fail. Also remember every car company started in this or the 20th century failed, with one exception. All of them failed except Telsa (so far).

TESLA LIKES TO SAY THAT , BUT PANOZ STARTED IN 1989 AND IS STILL BUILDING CARS IN GEORGIA .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoz,_LLC

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone might want to notice a couple of details about the user that opened this thread.
It was a new account, started today, that person has 1 entry, left here right after and has not been back on here since; that was 2 minutes after it was created.

You can draw your own conclusions.

Top Bottom