• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Boat Towing

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I prefer boats that can be hand carried... sunfish, hobie cats, etc. There's nothing quite like tooling along with your mast almost parallel to the water and standing on the outside of the hull to keep from going over.
I've built four lightweights!!
Kayak.jpg
canoe.jpg

these are two, one canoe, the other kayak.
They kayak about 35 lbs!!!!

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for your comments, building them is a little like quilting- you put in tons of hours and when you go to sell 'em, you probably get ten cents/hr.
I traded them for the cost of materials- Down here in S florida, it's a beast- July-Aug. so I do all the framing in my living room (don't ask- she got the house and garage, I got a 2 br condo!! (thank G*D on the first floor) so with the A.C, and Pandora, I'm a happy camper- I take 'em outside for sanding and glassing.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They generally do not. Just like most passenger cars most motorcycle manufacturers advise against towing in the owners manual. Towing in these cases is entirely at the owners risk as damage resulting from towing would not be covered under the manufacturers warranty.

As Alfred E. Newman said, 'What!! Me Worry', I'll Tow with my Elio, planned on it from the start. What's a 36 months warrenty worth, they have Bigger Lawyers than we can ever have. Grow a pair and Tow if you want too. I have towed with both a Wing and a HD, with out any problem. If you'll are woried about a problem with towing, just reserve an second Elio. Then use the first for parts for the second.

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
thanks for your comments, building them is a little like quilting- you put in tons of hours and when you go to sell 'em, you probably get ten cents/hr.
I traded them for the cost of materials- Down here in S florida, it's a beast- July-Aug. so I do all the framing in my living room (don't ask- she got the house and garage, I got a 2 br condo!! (thank G*D on the first floor) so with the A.C, and Pandora, I'm a happy camper- I take 'em outside for sanding and glassing.

I like to make stained glass panels, it's the same. A lotta work with little return.

ajetmech

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Very nice work, RU. I have a cousin in Michigan that has built a couple of wooden canoes.

Top Bottom