• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Biloxigeek...ubuntu Rocks Sir!

Hog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
relatively new to linux , although I shouldnt be since i was programming on a teletype terminal before CRT screens came out, so much is familiar. Windows finally pushed me into Ubuntu, which as I look back I should have done many years ago. Using Ubuntu on my laptop now exclusively and I would never go back to windows. I keep a dual boot option to XP, but I rarely use it, its there more for a 'just in case' if I need to run some old program, which I do on occasion.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
For work I need to have multiple OSes for testing, so on my desk I have a Windows 10 desktop, Mac desktop, and Ubuntu laptop. And I have debian and Centos running in VMs. I have been running Ubuntu for almost a decade now and it has really improved greatly. Other than almost every major upgrade breaking my wifi or sound and requiring manual tweaking, I would feel comfortable with my mom running it.

But at the end of the day, I do the majority of my non-programming tasks on Windows. The clients tend to be updated more often with more features (Skype, I am looking at you) and installs take less tweaking. But I do have to reboot my Windows box once per week or things start crashing or misbehaving. My Linux boxes reboot when the power flickers during major storms, so mother nature handles my Linux reboots :)

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom