• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

8/29/2015 - The Auto Future - Following Elio Motors: The Iav Engines That Power The Three-wheeler

phonetrbl

Elio Fan
Reaction score
It's been since 1984 that we bought a new vehicle. We have been very fortunate, as the rule is... never buy the first generation of any new vehicle. But our 1984 Yamaha (1st Generation), is still going and is still the best looking bike on the road.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Does not have to be state of the art....Just needs to be reliable

from what I can tell, Elio seems to be making a strong attempt come out of the gate with a quality of product in which they will not have to make major changes for a good while to come .... in keeping with that goal (if it is their goal) I commend them for making the effort to come up with an engine instead of throwing something together until they can get the engine they want into production

We have been very fortunate, as the rule is... never buy the first generation of any new vehicle.

well understood, we have a very similar rule

Jim

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Glad everyone doesn't feel that way.

Seems like a boring way to live, but I guess I understand the thinking behind it.

possibly, and I too am glad everyone doesn't feel that way .... after all, someone has to do the real world testing .... when I was younger (OK, a great deal younger) I used to like to try the latest and greatest .... the was specially true for surefire fishing plugs, duck decoys, deer attractants, mileage boosters, vehicle power enhancements and on and on and on .... almost all turned out to be costly mistakes, I still don't understand why JC Whitney's Fire Injector spark plugs did't turn my Buick into a Belch Fire Special (those who have lived a while will understand) .... get burned enough and even I tend to eventually learn something

Jim

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
possibly, and I too am glad everyone doesn't feel that way .... after all, someone has to do the real world testing .... when I was younger (OK, a great deal younger) I used to like to try the latest and greatest .... the was specially true for surefire fishing plugs, duck decoys, deer attractants, mileage boosters, vehicle power enhancements and on and on and on .... almost all turned out to be costly mistakes, I still don't understand why JC Whitney's Fire Injector spark plugs did't turn my Buick into a Belch Fire Special (those who have lived a while will understand) .... get burned enough and even I tend to eventually learn something

Jim
And yet, by my standards, you are young. Why do I think younger than you? :p :rolleyes: :-) Z

Top Bottom