• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just in, easier route to stl files..?

I couldn't find this link in the warehouse page as noted, but maybe you have to sign in with a gmail account to see it. (see note below)

PRINTABLES: GENERATE STL FILES IN 3D WAREHOUSE Sharing 3D-printable models is now easier thanks to a collaboration between 3D Warehouse and Materialise. Upon your command, 3D Warehouse will generate a print-ready STL file!

Wait! I found this;;

Simply click the “I want this model to be Printable” checkbox when uploading your model.

I'll update that first chance I can.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So what I see in the new P5 drawings is interesting. And I feel like I have one win in there if I see what I think I see.

The roof line at the back has been modified from the p4, but not as much as the 'red' images indicated. The nose change is now exclusively in the 'bumper' assembly and not in the forward quarter-panel as I have included in my 'Year1' model. The exhaust seems tucked up under the body, maybe in a recess, maybe fully inside, but there is an exist pipe out the side as you can see.

The raised hood, did affect the shape of the forward quarter, but just provides a wiper alcove, so it didn't change the windshield, and therefore no change to the dash or interior. The expected 'engine pan' isn't showing in this 'blue' drawing. Maybe that will still be an option.

If they used this shade of blue for production, I'd buy it. I don't like the actual blue EM currently intends to use.

I seem to have my win related to the side where the front suspension connects. If this isn't just a presentation feature for these images, it would indicate a cover over that open area. A couple years ago I suggested directly to Paul that they have a cover there. He said cost would probably prevent that. So I do feel a bit vindicated on that point. I think it's worth the cost for the higher MPG you'll get.

The 'skirt' profile around that cover is now flattened, indicating that they did indeed puff-out right there. And that would have definitely changed the surface geometry starting at the forward quarter panel, clear to the back. It's likely only about 1/4 of a inch at the peak differences, so very little else is affected. Combined with the cover and the shocks tucked inside, this is definitely better for laminar air-flow compared to the P4.
ElioP5Aero.jpg
ElioP5Aero1.jpg
ElioP5Aero2.jpg
ElioP5Aero3.jpg

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I can't tell the full extent of the puffing at the sides from these images. I'm going to have to have a flat front-view so that I can upgrade from what I have and get a true-to-form P5. If anyone finds one, get a link or post it here. Thanks!

And, if at all possible a top view too. My Year1 model maybe a bit too square at the nose, so I'ld like to correct that shadow line for the P5 3d model.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I just loosely checked out the Microsoft 3d Builder app. Apparently, if you succeed to import your STL file to it, you can 'fix it' build support structures and order a print from a partner printing website. Since I don't have a 3d Printer (da vinci is only $600 with scanner or $350 without) you can print there.

To just fix your STL ( if needed ) and print via an order, it seems very simple.

The app runs in win8.1 ( must download ) or installs automatically with Win10. If anyone tries this out and gets a print of any kind, please let us know how much it cost you. If not before, I'll probably try this myself before too long. I'm going to want several including the 'Super' and a P5, plus of course, my Atlantric.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I just loosely checked out the Microsoft 3d Builder app. Apparently, if you succeed to import your STL file to it, you can 'fix it' build support structures and order a print from a partner printing website. Since I don't have a 3d Printer (da vinci is only $600 with scanner or $350 without) you can print there.

To just fix your STL ( if needed ) and print via an order, it seems very simple.

The app runs in win8.1 ( must download ) or installs automatically with Win10. If anyone tries this out and gets a print of any kind, please let us know how much it cost you. If not before, I'll probably try this myself before too long. I'm going to want several including the 'Super' and a P5, plus of course, my Atlantric.
You know, Ari, you are beginning seriously to impress me. Such diversity of talents!

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ari, with so many talents, and you, yes you EKH with your photography talent have both impressed me since I've been on the forum! Heck, I'm not even asking for a loan, so it must be true!:D
Ammm, thanks guys, you make me blush. I have never really known how to accept a compliment. Part of me always think you've seen more than there is. You know, jack of all trades master of none? :-)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought I would update the 'Donk' model. I updated the 3d model online. This type of mod begs for all three wheels to be viewed. So this mod does that and also you don't have to remove anything to fix the rear tire when flat. Just imagine this in the dark with those blue led lights inside the tail, at the underbelly, and at the front wheels.
Elio3D_Donk.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom