• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

3d Model

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really admire folks that not only have been blessed with such talent, and seem very nice. The one thing I did notice you do need to add is a slightly overweight 60 year old survivor with white chin whiskers sitting in the front seat.:rolleyes:
GOD, that is soooo me! I'm 60 this year! I did put myself in this one. Kind of freaky actually, a freak accident with my editing.
DelaHaye_centar_Stretcha.jpg

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With these last two items, I think all I need is to seal up a couple holes and it's time to see how to print this.

Hopefully StuartGrant still has his printer. Otherwise I'll start finding out what that costs elsewhere.

The other thing I can do with this model is experiment with options and aftermarket ideas.

View attachment 3358
wow , looks fantastic. good job!

DScott

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, that was interesting. Fast response and, it actually sounds pretty good to me! 3d prints can be very expensive sometimes. I EM were to do this you'd get a quality item with the correct geometry, and at a better price than the normal low volume prints, Nice.

Here's their response to me..

Hello Arak!
Thanks for your email, and thanks for all of your support! We check in to see what's going on the board, and we're grateful for all of your great support.
Unfortunately, we cannot authorize you to sell any Elio models, as we have an agreement with a partner, and we are working on something similar. But, we really appreciate you checking with us.
Thanks again!
Best,
The Elio Team

Until then, I can email this 3d graphic I made out to those who want to examine a 3d graphic, such as it is.
can you " Gift" a model with the expectation of a contribution? you have got to appreciate legal loopholes..

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, the way that works... Where there is a commercial resource, in this case the Elio design, I can only sell things at a profit with EM's permission.
But, if you have my 3d model, you can take that and have it printed yourself, or if a friend will print it, that's off the radar and there is little anyone can do about that. It's a good idea to not formally advertise that, and take no money that can be proven of course.

Anyway, I can give out my model for free individually, as it's just artwork inspired by the Elio. That is so long as I never put the EM logo on it or say it's anything official, and I drew it myself (which I did). If it was an official or an exact copy, and I say it's exactly the Elio, I might have trouble. But it's not, and it does differ moderately as an interpretation of the original artwork.

On another point, nobody can do an exact print as well as EM can, since they have both original design files and know the intended target design. Since they are planning to offer this in some manor, they are the best place to get an exact reproduction in a physical 3d print.

So, I can put my 'artistic interpretation' out for free, even in a public accessible place. In this case it will be where the 'DONK' accessorized Elio 'Copy' is .. see the link in posts above. I'll let you know when that's done, and up on the 3d Warehouse.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score

ThreeWheelBurnin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Top Bottom