• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Zacks Update On Elio Motors – Misinformation Clarified

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Zacks just issued a new report on ELIO that gives a good, concise description of the drivers behind the recent stock price swings and why they still have a target price set at $49.

Zacks Update on Elio Motors – Misinformation Clarified
Nice! Some things missing though. ATVM also lent money to Fisker ($529 million), and Solyndra ($535 Million). Both companies failed and loans were lost, leaving taxpayers on the hook. A portion of the Fisker funds were never released, although the exact amounts vary. These failures contribute to widely held beliefs of cold feet of the DOE's ATVM program of releasing additional funds to startups.

Tesla is the only startup that has come through on the loan and paid off early. The other recepients, Ford and Nissan, are current on their repayments. Also missing were the ATVM denials, such as XP Motors, Limnia and Aptera.

In the case of XP, they waited over four years on an ATVM decision after submitting their ATVM loan application. They eventually ran out of operating funds and declared bankruptcy/liquidation. Later lawsuits against the ATVM have not yet been settled.

Aptera was granted a $150 million loan "commitment" from independent sources, but dependent on matching ATVM funds. That loan, like all the others to startups (except Tesla), was also denied by the ATVM, and Aptera closed shop.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might want to read this too. Just so you know, Carl Icahn owns Pep Boys. Trump uses Carl for advice and has mentioned him constantly because it is the Great American businessman (who wouldn't want to listen to him). I'm reading between the lines but I'd say that someone might just be talking to the President about helping out Elio because Pep Boys would sure stand to profit from this thus Carl. This would trickle down to more Americans working. With this clout, I'd think that this ATVM loan could come sooner than later. The part about American entrepreneurs sure applies to Elio.
http://www.tirebusiness.com/article...75/icahn-to-advise-trump-on-regulatory-reform

Officespaced

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Might want to read this too. Just so you know, Carl Icahn owns Pep Boys. Trump uses Carl for advice and has mentioned him constantly because it is the Great American businessman (who wouldn't want to listen to him). I'm reading between the lines but I'd say that someone might just be talking to the President about helping out Elio because Pep Boys would sure stand to profit from this thus Carl. This would trickle down to more Americans working. With this clout, I'd think that this ATVM loan could come sooner than later. The part about American entrepreneurs sure applies to Elio.
http://www.tirebusiness.com/article...75/icahn-to-advise-trump-on-regulatory-reform
It would be nice, albiet controversial. It's going to be interesting under the new administration on a lot of levels.

Top Bottom