• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

When Do You Think The Elio Will Hit The Streets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Man. Moderators seem a little touchy this morning.
Not enough sleep from watching that riveting display of our political elite last night?
I replied to yours, since you have the better level of humor this morning.

Every so often PistonBoy steps in it with both feet. (I often do too) That one comment is a little vexing as it was just a little repetitive. I'm mean, at some point it will happen (or die dramatically) but automatically announcing a 6months more delay all the time is just a little premediated, even unwarented.
But I forgive the abject pessimism because, hey, we're all a little vexed that we don't have our Elio's yet.

But I also forgive coss, hey we're all human, he's just reacting to an opinion that, well, there's no direct evidence to support it, other than the assumed chronic trend. Coss is just like PistonBoy and myself, we ALL wanted our Elio's 30days after we first saw them.

You'll notice coss didn't rip the note out, other than that he's allowed an emotion or two.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They have to be accurate with the SEC or face serious consequences,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.nasdaq.com/article/sec-c...epresenting-performance-metric-20161005-01025

#119 September 21, 2016 SEC Filing Alert for Elio Motors, Inc.
Note 6 "since consumer production is expected to begin late 2017"

I think when a company does better than they predicted in their SEC filing everything is OK. It's only a problem when they don't meet the deadlines that they promised when stocks were sold that there are sanctions. Elio may be at a point in their evolution that they are starting to promise less than they can deliver instead of more.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just as a backing for the 2018 time-frame. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the mid-2017 was a best case scenario assuming no engineering changes were discovered during E-series testing. So, while Elio has discussed the mid-2017 time frame it's completely dependent on the outcome of testing that hasn't been completed.

Anyway, production for mid-2017 is certainly plausible...but at this point I don't think 2018 isn't equally. A more accurate picture should be coming imminently though, because the expected start of pre-production production is only weeks away.

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think when a company does better than they predicted in their SEC filing everything is OK. It's only a problem when they don't meet the deadlines that they promised when stocks were sold that there are sanctions. Elio may be at a point in their evolution that they are starting to promise less than they can deliver instead of more.

To the best of my knowledge Elio has never made a promise nor have they set a deadline.
You may have misconstrued something they said as having set a deadline or having made a promise but it was only a fig-newton of your imagination. ;)

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just as a backing for the 2018 time-frame. I believe, and correct me if I'm wrong, that the mid-2017 was a best case scenario assuming no engineering changes were discovered during E-series testing. So, while Elio has discussed the mid-2017 time frame it's completely dependent on the outcome of testing that hasn't been completed.

Anyway, production for mid-2017 is certainly plausible...but at this point I don't think 2018 isn't equally. A more accurate picture should be coming imminently though, because the expected start of pre-production production is only weeks away.
Even motorcycles have to be certified.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you think this place is tough, try saying something negative, or even slightly off subject...
On the Future Elio Owners of America and see how hard the screen door hits your butt.

Horn

Elio Addict
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge Elio has never made a promise nor have they set a deadline.
You may have misconstrued something they said as having set a deadline or having made a promise but it was only a fig-newton of your imagination. ;)

Not this crap again....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom