• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Us Virgin Islands

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey, what about us !!

just because I live on a small Island where there are more donkeys and goats roaming free than cars …

Just because St John is 3/4 a NATIONAL PARK with zero development

Just Because the average year round temperature is 84 degrees ( both the air and the ocean)

just because there is no law preventing you from drinking and driving with alcoholic beverages ( picture a cold beer in the beverage holder of your Elio (? is there one) as you have both your elbows out the open windows …that will NOT SUCK !)

just because the posted Island Speed Limit is 25 mph …

just because we drive on the LEFT side of the road ( OH YA …does not matter in the Elio !!)

but it must be yellow !!!!

USVI Elio Owners Club …

ps ,,,winter is coming …nights will cool off down to 78 in January

:)

Last edited by a moderator:

tazairforce

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey, what about us !!

just because I live on a small Island where there are more donkeys and goats roaming free than cars …

Just Because the average year round temperature is 84 degrees ( both the air and the ocean)

just because there is no law preventing you from drinking and driving with alcoholic beverages ( picture a cold beer in the beverage holder of your Elio (? is there one) as you have both your elbows out the open windows …that will NOT SUCK !)

just because we drive on the LEFT side of the road ( OH YA …does not matter in the Elio !!)

USVI Elio Owners Club …

Dam, Ya got it bad. How many miles of road do you have??

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
EZ, Welcome to ElioOwners.com from Atlanta, GA!

We are very glad to have you here! As someone who has also live in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, and visited most of the Virgin Islands a number of times I can say that St John would be an ideal place to own an Elio. I am sure that just like the rest of us you find this project just can't happen soon enough!

You have joined a very diverse group of people from all over the country, and even a few who are not in the country, who really enjoy discussing everything there is to know about this interesting vehicle. I hope you enjoy your time here reading about and/or discussing all there is to know about Elio Motors.

We have a survey we like reservation holders to fill out if they wish as it really helps us visualize the growing numbers and locations of future Elio Owners. For now information visit this link: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/elio-reservation-map-and-survey.1129/

We also have a thread for our many current and former service members to introduce themselves. If that applies to you visit this thread: http://www.elioowners.com/threads/military-service.1118/

The forum search function is a great tool as, in the vast majority of cases, if you have a question or an idea it has likely already been discussed. :)

If you ever happen to have any issues while on this forum please be sure to notify a staff member as we are here to help. :cool:

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
hey, what about us !!

USVI Elio Owners Club …

WELCOME, EZ. You're really, "way out there,"" huh? Great to have you with us ! :)

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
hey, what about us !!

USVI Elio Owners Club …

Welcome :)

EZ

Elio Addict
Reaction score
the US Virgin Islands

I thought I was REALLY happy in Florida (East Coast)

hell, there was a Walmart Superstore every two miles along US1 !

wow !

weather was MUCH nicer than Vermont (where I had lived most of my 60 yrs)

and I was

IN LOVE !!

well, when the "IN LOVE" ended, I sat there wondering what I was doing in Florida ??

Back to Vermont was NOT an option (too cold and dark)

so I packed up my life at age 58, along with my three dogs (that number is now 15 dogs)

and here I am

the Island is 13 miles end to end

there are two spots where you can attain speeds up to 50 MPH ! but otherwise the 25 MPH speed limit is realistic !

the ocean stays around 84 degrees year round, and the air temp varies from 78 to about 90

Jan to May is

WOW !!!

perfect

rain shower once a week

other wise, SUNSHINE !

I have no indoor plumbing

a microwave is my complete kitchen

compost toilet

shower is a hose connected to a 12 volt pump taking water from my 5000 gall cistern (filled b y rain water)

water heater ? the sun warms the hose

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone heard if Paul Elio has addressed U. S. territories, or are they lumped into the "future export" category?
I believe they are considered part of the US. I know there was mention of some reservations in the territories when they discussed a map of all the reservations they have. Unforunately they have not released an new version of the map and the one they used as a demonstration was not accurate according to their own statement. I believe this was posted in one of their Friday blogs a month or two ago. I'll see if I can find it. :-) Z

Top Bottom