• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Tried To Start A New Facebook Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiloxiGeek

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think part of the resistance you got was adding members to your group without asking them if they wanted to be members. A lot of folks find that to be rather rude.

Last edited:

Peter Blackman

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I think part of the resistance you got was adding members to your group without asking them if they wanted to be members. A lot of folks find that to be rather rude.

Interestingly I only did 15 total but I stopped it at 15. I am still trying to figure out facebook and how it works. My understanding is that you have to be friends with someone before you can add them to a group. I just missed a step in asking if they wanted to join the group (it is real easy to remove yourself from the group). I actually added 33 of my friends outside of Elio with not one negative response just as a test. And surprising will all the 'hoop la' I am still getting friend confirmations from people that own Elios.

I belong to over 2000 groups and never gave it a second thought that someone added me. Survival groups, prepper groups, off grid groups, business groups

I guess I feel like if we sit back and wait for Elio to come up with $200 million to start production it will never happen and I really want one of these cars. For the past 3 years they have promised that production was to start in 6 months. It was going to be the end of 2014, then the beginning of 2015, then the last quarter of 2015, then the beginning 2016, then middle of 2016, and now some time in 2017. I do not know when you went all-in but I went all in in Oct of 2013 #1763.

Up until, now I had a project to get completely off the grid, I have been wanting to do for 30 years and thought there was no chance. Then I was presented with a crowd funding platform recently that I believe will work. You see there seems to be millions of people that if they had the money they could do good things with that money. I just believe I can help a lot of people with this platform. Not everyone has this need and that is okay. I do not know if you believe this but this country is hurting economically and I believe we are due for a big economic correction. L just hope it happens after I am off the grid and after I get my Elio..

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interestingly I only did 15 total but I stopped it at 15. I am still trying to figure out facebook and how it works. My understanding is that you have to be friends with someone before you can add them to a group. I just missed a step in asking if they wanted to join the group (it is real easy to remove yourself from the group). I actually added 33 of my friends outside of Elio with not one negative response just as a test. And surprising will all the 'hoop la' I am still getting friend confirmations from people that own Elios.

I belong to over 2000 groups and never gave it a second thought that someone added me. Survival groups, prepper groups, off grid groups, business groups

I guess I feel like if we sit back and wait for Elio to come up with $200 million to start production it will never happen and I really want one of these cars. For the past 3 years they have promised that production was to start in 6 months. It was going to be the end of 2014, then the beginning of 2015, then the last quarter of 2015, then the beginning 2016, then middle of 2016, and now some time in 2017. I do not know when you went all-in but I went all in in Oct of 2013 #1763.

Up until, now I had a project to get completely off the grid, I have been wanting to do for 30 years and thought there was no chance. Then I was presented with a crowd funding platform recently that I believe will work. You see there seems to be millions of people that if they had the money they could do good things with that money. I just believe I can help a lot of people with this platform. Not everyone has this need and that is okay. I do not know if you believe this but this country is hurting economically and I believe we are due for a big economic correction. L just hope it happens after I am off the grid and after I get my Elio..
You belong to over 2000 FaceBook groups and you have been wanting to live off the grid for 30 years?
That seams like opposing things.
I just find an 'off-the-grid' group on facebook to be hilarious!

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Interestingly I only did 15 total but I stopped it at 15. I am still trying to figure out facebook and how it works. My understanding is that you have to be friends with someone before you can add them to a group. I just missed a step in asking if they wanted to join the group (it is real easy to remove yourself from the group). I actually added 33 of my friends outside of Elio with not one negative response just as a test. And surprising will all the 'hoop la' I am still getting friend confirmations from people that own Elios..
-------------------------------------
Your problem was that you trolled the Elio Motors Owners Association and added members to your page without their permission, including me. Multiple members voiced their disgust at this indiscretion, at using the Elio Motors name without their permission, of assuming that Elio did not know what they are doing, and attempting to start one of your 'project manager' scams wherein: "...money made by people in the platform is money to do what they want to do with but if they want they can make an arrangement to give what ever they can to Elio.... [quote from your communication with me]." That is, sympathy for Elio is the pull for this scam, and the 'project manager' does what he wants with the money that innocent people sent in assuming that the money would actually go to Elio. What an egregious and blatant hoodwinking scam.

Your site is now gone. Over a dozen EMOA members complained to Facebook and half a dozen sent letters to Elio with details of this quick-money scam. This is not a question of whether you know how to use Facebook, it is a blatant example of somebody purely self-serving, using the Elio sympathy card to attract a quick buck.

As a result, you have been permanently banned from the Elio Motor Owners Association per the group manager:
"Rick Deckard - Mr Blackman is being banned from this site for skimming members with an unethical get rich quick scheme ...he had posted a similar thing here on our group and was warned. So Adios and Adieu Peter"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom