• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Transmission Type?

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Oh no... Like the transmission on the Smart car ! Think I will get the 5 speed manual... Easier to push start like we did in the 60s
That reminds me of my college days, my roommate had an Austin Healey 3000 that wouldn't start w/o a push. He was always parking it at the top of hills and such. We pushed started that car for a whole year. I worked my summers at a service station, learned a little about turning a wrench, when school resumed that fall I decided to look at the battery (no water) and wallah it started no problem, John L if you're out there give me a pm sorry we lost contact.

Last edited:

WilliamH

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That reminds me of my college days, my roommate had an Austin Healey 3000 that wouldn't start w/o a push. He was always parking it at the top of hills and such. We pushed started that car for a whole year. I worked my summers at a service station, learned a little about turning a wrench, when school resumed that fall I decided to look at the battery (no water) and wallah it started no problem, John L if you're out there give me a pm sorry we lost contact.

Common problem on those old British cars with Lucas voltage regulators.
The one on my 100-6 used to hang up from time to time. Had to clean the contacts and it would be OK for a while.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Common problem on those old British cars with Lucas voltage regulators.
The one on my 100-6 used to hang up from time to time. Had to clean the contacts and it would be OK for a while.

Speaking of Lucas; did you hear? They're now building vacuum cleaners. Only product they've ever built that doesn't "suck"!

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I used to have people push start my 66 volkswagen with their car. But the elio has no bumper. I hope there are some strong people out there!
At 1200 lbs, it won't take very many strong people. The last car I push started was a 2007 Corvette. It took about 20 feet and popping the clutch in 2nd gear to get it started. The Elio will be simple to push start... as long as it's sturdy enough in the rear to be pushed. Some don't like being pushed in the rear, you know.

Top Bottom