• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

The Next Sound You Hear...

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I happened to watch "The Elio Awakens" on YouTube. About halfway through there's the cutaway animation of the pistons moving in the engine, and it suddenly struck me: We've seen pictures of the new engine installed in the P5, but are there any recordings anywhere of how the engine sounds? Does it sound like a wild beast ready to be released? A herd of asthmatic squirrels on speed? Like a Harley? (which would be really cool and very illegal, since Harley has copyrighted the distinctive Harley sound.)

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I happened to watch "The Elio Awakens" on YouTube. About halfway through there's the cutaway animation of the pistons moving in the engine, and it suddenly struck me: We've seen pictures of the new engine installed in the P5, but are there any recordings anywhere of how the engine sounds? Does it sound like a wild beast ready to be released? A herd of asthmatic squirrels on speed? Like a Harley? (which would be really cool and very illegal, since Harley has copyrighted the distinctive Harley sound.)
I'd be ecstatic if I heard nothing but a slight hum, no vibration!!, and driving it away!!!

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will probably sound a lot like a Smart car with the 1.0L 3 cylinder. Nothing special, a lot like a really small 4 cylinder. I am sure you can mount an aftermarket exhaust, but highly doubt that will sound very good. We mounted a free flowing exhaust on a neighbor's wife's Smart. She specifically told him NOT to do it, LOL. It is now his Smart and she got the Fiat ;)

Top Bottom