• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Storefront

golfsteve

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
How will Elio sell their units in Ohio ? Didn't the deal with Tesla and the dealership assoc. say that manufacturers could not sell direct to customers?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
How will Elio sell their units in Ohio ? Didn't the deal with Tesla and the dealership assoc. say that manufacturers could not sell direct to customers?
Isn't the Tesla considered a car? I think dealerships are a car phenomena not a motorcycle one but I may be wrong. I have never owned a mc so don't know how they are sold. :-) Z

Dustoff

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will qualify that to be, I bought my Harley Davidson Motorcycles from licensed dealers of Harley Davidson Motor Company not directly from Harley Davidson Motor Company.

LGilbert

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
This is all going to be a moot point when somebody challenges dealer's associations control over how a company present or sells their products. There isn't a thing legal about a dealer's association having any control over non-members nor of a governing body pressuring a company to join one. There is little difference here than the Lawson's law suit against the "Blue Laws" in the sixties that was imposing religious sanctions upon opening a store on Sunday. The precedent is already here for open markets. For example, nobody is telling Canon or Nikon that they have to use a dealer to sell their products. You can go to Canon or Nikon on line and buy what you want and it is delivered, choose a brick and mortar store, Amazon (a collective of stores), or buy one from Hong Kong.

Brian1362

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Go to thread "IAV Engine Availability" post #30. I wrote it as tongue in cheek humor, but I gathered 90% of the information right here in this forum.

It is a fun read, if you take it humorously.

Top Bottom