• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ricardo Hyboost

Cali Chris

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It would be interesting to put that on an Elio. May be able to net 135-150mpg. I would buy that upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is building a P5 model, as the last prototype before production and they are going to make it higher in the back for more head room in the back seat, I would think if this Ricardo "Hyboost" could work in a Elio, they could build the space for it... just think of a Elio that could get 160mpg for the price of $1100 upgrade... that would have to boost sales.... more power and even better mpg.... that would mean that the Elio would get 100mpg in the city... Wow hard to take... Count me in....

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio is building a P5 model, as the last prototype before production and they are going to make it higher in the back for more head room in the back seat, I would think if this Ricardo "Hyboost" could work in a Elio, they could build the space for it... just think of a Elio that could get 160mpg for the price of $1100 upgrade... that would have to boost sales.... more power and even better mpg.... that would mean that the Elio would get 100mpg in the city... Wow hard to take... Count me in....
This particular set-up is designed to work on engine systems already equipped with a turbo. It is cool, but you'd have to add that $1100 upgrade to an engine/mild hybrid package that likely already costs over $5,000. It is just not feasible for what Elio is trying to do.
http://www.ricardo.com/PageFiles/21730/RQ_Q3_2012.pdf

s2kysk

Elio Fan
Reaction score
They are achieving the gain by going with small turbo charged engine than what it comes with and supplementing turbo lag with electric supercharger running off of super capacitors. If one to apply same principal to Elio, I guess you should start with 660cc turbo engine from Japanese Kei cars with electric supercharger powered by super capacitor. Note. Turbocharged 660cc engine produce 63-horsepower and 68 pound-feet.
http://www.leftlanenews.com/daihatsu-debuts-new-tanto-microcar-for-japanese-market.html

Top Bottom