• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Reservation Numbers...

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Dec 2017 SEC filing states that $26.8 million had been raised as non-refundable. The math indicates that less than half of the 65,000 reservations are of the $1000.00 mark. Lets just guess that 25,000 are $1000.00. I would speculate that if the Elio ever is manufactured that these 25,000 would probably purchase the Elio, if nothing else than to recover their deposits. That leaves 40,000 with smaller deposits that may decide to not purchase if ever made. So it begs the question as to how much current interest is there from the 40,000 reservationists.

This, also from the same SEC report:

"We believe we have created a sustainable brand loyalty through the manner in which we treat our customers. The Elio is being deliberately priced at the $7,450 base price target even though the market will bear a higher price without any competitors at the outset. By not opportunistically overpricing the Elio, it will be difficult for competitors to attract Elio customers away. We believe that most major auto manufacturers are saddled with legacy costs (pension obligations, etc.) and massive corporate infrastructure and overhead that would make it very difficult for them to compete with our targeted $7,450 base price."

While I agree with the basic premise of the above comment, I question the "brand loyalty through the manner in which we treat our customers" part. I personally don't feel that loyal to them and with their silence they don't seem to be treating us very well.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I’m just one person - but I’m a part of the 40,000 that you speak of. While I suspect some smaller reservists may now balk at purchasing - other new buyers will fill their shoes. I will likely buy two - if I have the chance. I’d ditch one of my currents vehicles in a hurry and replace it with a second Elio. (I get the first one in my family;) )

IF - and I know that’s a big IF - they ever got the thing on the market at a price remotely close to the $7,500 range.... I think a number of households might have more than one for family members’ daily commutes. 2-3 Elio’s for the price of 1 car.

We need a very rich, fat cat to help make lives better with affordable and safe transportation.
Folks need safe and affordable housing. We also need the same in transportation.

I’m loyal to the concept of the vehicle. There’s nothing out there that fills it’s void. As far as I can see - nothing is on the horizon either.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Best part is, the markets have been fixed and those rich fat cats are ready to invest. Currently they are investing in uber expensive Pickups and SUV's. So they will be in investing soon.
Rich cats wouldn't give it a look-see- why invest in something with such a low profit margine, "weird motorcycle" viewed by the majority, when they can buy into and own a chunk of the market making big, expensive vehicles.
IMO the strongest market for the & are old 2 wheel drivers with a list of ailments no longer doing two wheels, (yes I include myself) 76, 55+ years on bikes,) with a body that's paying for my stupid life style, and kids.
India, China, Korea,...... if anyone will crank 'em out is my best guess.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rich cats wouldn't give it a look-see- why invest in something with such a low profit margine, "weird motorcycle" viewed by the majority, when they can buy into and own a chunk of the market making big, expensive vehicles.
IMO the strongest market for the & are old 2 wheel drivers with a list of ailments no longer doing two wheels, (yes I include myself) 76, 55+ years on bikes,) with a body that's paying for my stupid life style, and kids.
India, China, Korea,...... if anyone will crank 'em out is my best guess.
You bring up a good point. When I seen the Elio twice and the hundreds of pics I see of people posting with the Elio, you see mostly retired people. When I hear people talk about it here, many seem to be like you. this forum is a small slice of the people that put money down on the Elio (there's only 4200 members and most have disappeared).

Another option would be for Elio to do a college tour during football season. That way you get a younger crowd and ones that are looking for something different. Plus you get the Alumni that show up for the games and they are interested in something different. I know with Rivian, they are pushing the buttons of the recent college grads that now have a job. They don't mind spending that kind of coin. My guess is soon Tesla will show up with a fully functioning truck too. They already have a built in customer base.

Top Bottom