• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Pec 933p Meet-up

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Invitation thread for -- wait for it --
Phoenix Elio Club meeting, September 3rd at 3pm. !yay!

Let' start with exactly where 933 will meet at the mall. Formally speaking PEC 2016.Sep.3.3

My initial assumption is that between 1 and 6 of us might show up. So I'll survey the location for options.
Probably we'll just meet in the parking lot then choose a food venue to sit in and sip on a cold-pop, BYO$.
I'll figure out a way to mark my car.

I plan on bringing images on a Laptop, so we need to have power where we sit together.

Rules are, if no one else shows by 3:20pm, I get to go home.

Anything else to consider, pre-meeting?

Last edited:

Franklin3

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi
I might be able to go. When I looked up Pavilion Mall I am seeing three places going by that name, could you specify which one you are thinking of.
Chandler Pavilions · Shopping Mall 650 N 54th St
The Pavilions at Talking Stick Shopping Center · Shopping Mall 9180 E Indian Bend Rd
Bell Canyon Pavilions · Shopping Mall 2710 W Bell Rd

Also I assume you are familiar with the place, so could you choose venue to meet at. Usually it is easier to find people at a particular restaurant vs searching a parking lot.

Best Regards
Franklin

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I checked it out. For a meet-up of up to 6 people, we can be very informal and just loiter at the Starbucks or the Arby's just next door.

The Starbucks has a very nice but small dinning area with WiFi plus there is an outdoor space. There are only outlets inside however. Up to 4 of us and that will do fine. The Arby's is a little more roomy. I don't imagine up to a group of 10 would get kicked out or stress the environment.

I don't imagine at 3pm we would stress out either place. I'll be buying a drink at least to keep management happy.

Coming in from hwy101 at Indian Bend exit you would see the Starbucks on the left.. image attached below..also a shot of the Arby's dinning area.

Attachments

• EO_Inside.jpg
    EO_Inside.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 322
  • EO_Target.jpg
    EO_Target.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 326

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Being a 3 day weekend, I'm not really expecting anyone to show up today. But I made the commitment, So I will be there at 3 till 3:30..
I'll be in the far corner of the Arby's dinnning room. I'll have a couple 3 wheel cars on the table so there will be no trouble identifing me.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi,
We had a much more successful meeting yesterday than I was expecting! Honestly, I've hosted these 'subject' meetings before and not had more than one person to talk to. Thank you to every one who showed up.

We had 4 of us who attended. I won't say who was here, because online I feel that is your personal information. Feel free to chime in if you like. But thanks them for making that event worth the effort.

We had quite a lot of 'normal' Elio talk, especially around the subject of 'will this really happen?". It's nice to actually SEE the conviction in people's faces.
We also agreed to meet again in a appropriate amount of time, as we see fit, in the moment, either quartly or bi-yearly for now, we'll just see as we go.

I brought 2 display scale models of three wheelers to put on the tables, which helped all of us find each other. Other than that I don't like to over-control meetings like this very much. We never did feel the need to hunch over the laptop debating images and autcycle styles. We all seemed to enjoy the 1-on-1 talking.

So I'll conclude the event saying, this was a success.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Advanced notice is really nice for these things. And near the end of the year will probably be interesting for the Elio if nothing else.
I notice that the first Saturday is the 3rd of that month, so I'll post an invite thread for that.
Not too near xmas, and after thanksgiving. Sounds about right. It will be PEC 2016.Dec.3.3

Top Bottom