• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Obd2 Or Other Engine Diagnostics, Anyone Have An Idea?

MW

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi all,

One question I have had for a while is wondering what sort of electronic engine control/diagnostic access is going to be provided on the Elio. I had emailed a question to Elio a year or so ago and received a "has not been determined yet" type of answer. An OBD terminal would be convenient, however since this is a totally new system I would think that a simple USB port would probably also be adequate and then not restrict anyone who did not have an OBD scanner/reader handy. However, an OBD would enable people to use the "Scanguage" type of engine monitors in a plug and play type of environment.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!

Mark

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi all,

One question I have had for a while is wondering what sort of electronic engine control/diagnostic access is going to be provided on the Elio. I had emailed a question to Elio a year or so ago and received a "has not been determined yet" type of answer. An OBD terminal would be convenient, however since this is a totally new system I would think that a simple USB port would probably also be adequate and then not restrict anyone who did not have an OBD scanner/reader handy. However, an OBD would enable people to use the "Scanguage" type of engine monitors in a plug and play type of environment.

Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks!

Mark
Elio said that the car would support at least minimal OBDII standards. I take that to mean there will be a port within 2 feet of the steering column. Amazon.com sells the ELM327 for just under $12 (free shipping) and it is bluetooth. The "Torque" app by Ian Hawkin is a great Android based app that lets you use your cell phone to monitor all kinds of crap about the car.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio said that the car would support at least minimal OBDII standards. I take that to mean there will be a port within 2 feet of the steering column. Amazon.com sells the ELM327 for just under $12 (free shipping) and it is bluetooth. The "Torque" app by Ian Hawkin is a great Android based app that lets you use your cell phone to monitor all kinds of crap about the car.
2 feet. Any more and your outside.:)

Top Bottom