• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

No Elio At This Weekends New York International Auto Show?

TMOSteel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I'm looking for Elio at this weekends show and not finding them; are they no longer showing the car?

Does not bode well in my mind if they have stopped showing the car anywhere...

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I'm looking for Elio at this weekends show and not finding them; are they no longer showing the car?

perhaps that was the problem, to much show, not enough building....

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score

The people who go to the NY auto show are not exactly the same people who are interested in an Elio. If they don't show up to the Mother Earth fairs, Sturgis and Bike Week then they are missing opportunities to show Elios to people who might actually buy one. And they could probably attend all those events for what it would cost them to go to the NY auto show

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The people who go to the NY auto show are not exactly the same people who are interested in an Elio. If they don't show up to the Mother Earth fairs, Sturgis and Bike Week then they are missing opportunities to show Elios to people who might actually buy one. And they could probably attend all those events for what it would cost them to go to the NY auto show
You COULD be right about that but what Elio needs is broader acceptance. The NY show and such gives them that. When a potential investor sees buzz about Elio at a car show, it can help give them a favorable opinion about it. In that aspect, it IS important that Elio go to the more elite shows. But, a grass roots campaign of going to smaller shows and atypical venues could have the same effect for less money though it would take a lot more time. I suppose Paul and his team evaluated both approaches and chose the one that gave them the best value given their time constraints. At least, I hope they did.

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It is expensive to stage the NY show. I think the public has seen enough, now it is time to produce.
I agree. Time to get at least 17,829 Elio's out on the road and let them do the advertising.
Anyway , I do not think there was any room for a skinny little Elio, with all the big fat SUVs around.

Last edited:

acentre

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Time to get at least 17,829 Elio's out on the road and let them do the advertising.
Anyway , I do not think there was any room for a skinny little Elio, with all the big fat SUVs around.
too much time selling the Elio, offering production deadlines that were never met. ELio should have been produced in limited numbers, at a realistic price, not a price based upon hundreds of thousands being built. I guess we were all duped.

Top Bottom