• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Nascar 2020

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
After reading the article, I think Gibbs gave him a few to many headaches, and so he said screw it, and quit.
Cole was what made Truex a winner, and if couldn't do it his way, he didn't have to do it at all.
Truex will miss him most, and watch his performance fall off.
I bet Truex retires within a year.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

NASCAR Hall of Famer and 'Last American Hero' Junior Johnson dies at 88
===> https://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/...mer-last-american-hero-junior-johnson-dies-88

I well remember siting in the stands at Charlotte Motor Speedway in the '60's watching Jr Johnson's Ray Fox #3 white Holly Farms Poultry Chevy thunder around the track .... I can still visualize his car flying into the third turn setting off the chain reaction wreck in which Fireball Roberts was killed .... he was a heck of a driver who became a folk legend in our part of the NC mountains

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
one question resolved :

Joe Gibbs Racing announced Thursday that James Small has been promoted from lead engineer to crew chief of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry. A native of Melbourne, Australia, Small is no stranger to teaming with Martin Truex Jr. as the pair have worked together in some capacity for the past three seasons dating back to their time at Furniture Row Racing. Last season, Small served as the lead engineer for the No. 19 team that won a series-best seven races and claimed 15 top-five finishes and 24 top 10s on the way to a runner-up result in the NASCAR Cup Series standings.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2...-to-ford-development-program-sets-2020-plans/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
EEEhhhhhhhhhhhhh that can be good or bad, we'll have to wait for the season to start to see what happens.
As you know it's one thing being on the team to controlling the team.
Time will tell...…..

Top Bottom