• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Meetup Invite For Pbec 2016.dec.3.3

Planning to go?

• Yup, (hopefully)

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Tenatively, maybe

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Maybe will be bringing 1 person

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe bringing 2 or more

• Probably not

• Will just be checking here to see how well it went, what went down.

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Invitation thread for Phoenix Elio Club meeting, December 3rd at 3pm. ! yay !

Pavilions Mall in Scottsdale, Address: 9180 E Indian Bend Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85250

PEC 2016.Sep.9.3.3 worked out nicely enough with 4 attending. Since December should give us interesting subjects on the Elio front, December sounds like a good time to get together again.

Again, my assumption now is that between 1 and 12 of us might show up. Since it worked before we'll just meet in the Arby's dining room next to the Starbucks. I'll try and bring at least one scale model or some other Elio thing.
Wearing your Elio Motors t-shirt is a good way to connect as well. I'll try and do that too.

There is power outlets, so I plan on bringing images on a Laptop. I encourage anyone to bring show and tell items or subjects or questions as well.

Rules are, if no one else shows by 3:30pm, I get to go home guilt free.
Any time one PEC attendee shows, they are the back-up host (should I fall in a hole on the way over), and can welcome / lead those who follow.

Anything else to consider, pre-meeting?

I am considering a website for news, notices, letters-to-the-editor and wiki/FAQ. We can talk about that.

Post any subjects you want researched in advance below.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW, I cast my net out, and invited Elio Motors to this PEC meeting (linked to this thread). If they RSVP to attend I'll let you/us know.
Having more than 4 people RSVP/commit would likely get them more interested.

Hello Arak,
Thank you for reaching out to us!
We will forward your message to the proper department.

Great to hear from you,
The Elio Team

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
attending would require a 2,300+ mile, one way, drive .... we'd love to be there but no way we would be able to make that length trip in early December
Well, club meetings like this usually don't provide much different Elio-chatter than online. Certainly a little bit more and targeted to immediate interest. And there is a low chance at the moment we'll see anyone official from Elio, even though it's in the city of it's HQ. (But, I wouldn't rule it out) So 2,300miles sounds like a bit too much effort IMHO.

Normally I'd say never do these things between Halloween and XMas, but this year that's about as pertinent a moment that I can think of given the things Elio is doing between now and spring. Good, bad or Ugly it's bound to capture our attention.

But anything you do talk about at the events is off record unless you(/we) post it later. Off-subject? No problemo. It IS kind of fun to find out we're not all alone in 'coming of age'. And then there is of course the opportunity to 'show and tell'. In my case I bring scale models and an images portfolio.

On the other hand we'll likely have better weather than NC or even some parts of CA at that time(Campo CA is likely better). Bring shorts, sports-sandals and golf clubs, just in case! (I wear black Ecco-Utah sandals year round, even at work.)

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I've adjusted my thinking about posting meeting content. Content discussed that is 'on-topic' I will free to post as meeting minutes minus full names of sources, first names allowed. Off topic discussions will not be posted. Any attendee can post content but only the 'host's posted minutes will be the official notes. Rules will be adjusted if anything ever got more contentious needing a change.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I really-really need to rewrite the above post in actual English. On the other hand, kept as it is I can later claim it meant almost anything. :-)

Anyway, pretty obviously, anyone who shows up, we'll be talking about any discoveries from the LA Auto Show and from the contents of the following Friday Elio Motors news letter, which I expect to be a summing up of the event. Hopefully news coverage of Paul's presentations and the E1C unveiling will be interesting as well.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FYI, I got an awesome 10-12 hour drive, Perfect for the Elio. I just came back from driving the White Mountains from 'Three Way' to Clifton AZ north to Alpine AZ, then back south thru Luna NM, to Mule creek and back to 'Three Way', it was hugely grandiose. We saw the grand canyon south rim three weeks ago and this was at least as interesting. At the Grand Canyon it's a 'Standing there' experience(for the way we did it), but the White mountains is a white-knuckle driving experience. I drove 5-10 under the limit for most of it.

We even saw a 25-head herd of Mule Dear along the way. Super-Super cool time we had. Springerville is 20 miles north of Alpine, a huge attraction for motorcycles every year, so that could go along with the whole package.

Not quite as nice for nature lovers was seen at Clifton, the biggest strip mine I've ever seen in my life. And I have seen some big ones. You actually drive IN it. Certainly scary to drive through all that but hugely memorable. Huge-giant trucks looked like match-box toys in some of the views. Must have seen 20 of them, and we went though on Sunday. If you like geology, for what we saw, you can't lose on that deal. Even if you hate mining like that, the trip as a whole was still worth every minute and every 180 degree switch-back.

If you have acute vertigo, close your eyes and let someone else drive. Also, rule #1, never blurt-out, honey look! Your timing may be bad. Or rather, probably will be bad. Probably why it's called the Devil's run, or highway 666.

If any one shows up on Saturday, we have lots to talk about.
The 265 mile long Devil’s Highway Run covers the most scenic stretch of the former Rt. 666, which is actually one of the finest rides in the entire U.S.

None of the videos does this justice, you have to look 90 degrees to the side, not forward, to get the full effect. You like seeing over 100 miles distant don't you?

Last edited:
Top Bottom