• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Kennedy Space Center Vistors Center

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Launch pad 39B, the Vehicle Assembly Building, and Crawlerway, which have been in use since the Apollo missions, are all currently being refurbished and readied for launches of the government-owned Space Launch System which is supposed to begin in 2017.

United Launch Alliance currently uses launch pads 37 and 41 for launching Delta and Atlas rockets respectively. In December ULA launched the first test flight of the new Orion human rated space capsule for the SLS system from pad 37. ULA is also currently upgrading launch pad 41 for human rated flights of the CST-100 capsule destined to take crews to the International Space Station with launches beginning in 2017.

SpaceX have also leased former Apollo and Space Shuttle pad 39A which is currently being upgraded be used primarily to launch their larger Falcon Heavy rockets along with their human space flight missions to the international space station which are scheduled to begin in 2017.

Seems Goofy one is letting on a little as to what he does for a living. Is it ok to ask what your occupation is, G1? You've already revealed that you have a head full of space. LOL

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Seems Goofy one is letting on a little as to what he does for a living. Is it ok to ask what your occupation is, G1? You've already revealed that you have a head full of space. LOL

LOL...Space is merely a life long hobby of mine. I have never actually worked in the aerospace industry however I enjoy following along and hope that one of these private space companies can figure out how to sell tourist flights relatively inexpensively even if they are suborbital. :cool:

As for what my occupation is, for those who are curious, I studied electrical engineering and digital communications and have spent most of my career in Information Technology. A few years back I started my own company designing and building self-contained portable, primarily trailer mounted, solar power systems. I sold the company and equipment late last year and have been doing a lot of bumming around since then :D. I am actually currently working my way through about 100 hours of online courses, plus many hours of lab training, to refresh and update my skills so I can re-certify as a computer network engineer. :)

Inxsary

Reaction score
A little late to this thread, but we were happy to visit Elio at KSC last month.

Attachments

• 9483_10155427686660304_4020655103842975518_n.jpg
    9483_10155427686660304_4020655103842975518_n.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 259
Top Bottom