• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Just Letting Everyone Know...

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
... when (not if -- I believe in positive thinking) I win Publisher's Clearing House, I'm going to form a company to start at least 1 Pep Boys franchise in Iowa. Best case would be opening 3 -- Sioux City, Des Moines, and Dubuque. Chicago may have its charms, but I REALLY don't want to have to go to Illinois to get my Elio serviced.

Anyone interested in signing on when that happens?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
... when (not if -- I believe in positive thinking) I win Publisher's Clearing House, I'm going to form a company to start at least 1 Pep Boys franchise in Iowa. Best case would be opening 3 -- Sioux City, Des Moines, and Dubuque. Chicago may have its charms, but I REALLY don't want to have to go to Illinois to get my Elio serviced.

Great idea, but they have already planned for alternatives; this quote is taken from the Elio Motors website

"An iconic brand signs on

We are partnering with Pep Boys (Yes THAT Pep Boys) to be the official Elio Service Center. It’s no small thing to win the confidence of this leading national service brand. With 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico, Pep Boys will provide Elio Motors customers a full range of service options from one of the most trusted names in the automotive aftermarket.

We are also working with Pep Boys to develop ways of bringing solid service options to Elio owners in areas where Pep Boys stores are not present. As you read this, our guys and theirs are deeply immersed in developing the game plan. So as soon as all the i’s and t’s are dotted and crossed, we’ll go public with the details."

I don't think they have ever announced what the alternatives are going to be, but I think the next option would be something like a Firestone Service Center or a Midas, something on that order would make the most sense.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Love the optimism! It's a good thing.

When you say "signing on", you mean... ?

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to believe there's a reason we have no Pep Boys in Iowa (maybe they're afraid of going head to head with Tuffy's??? Nah.) I can't remember if I heard it from Jerome when the tour was in Cedar Rapids or read it somewhere else, but they're planning at a minimum of having certified techs in areas not served by Pep Boys. Hopefully they find another chain to hook up with.

musicman12176

Reaction score
I wanted to comment on this thread. I have similar questions on how I would get an Elio serviced. I'm willing to either do it on my own, or find a local mechanic to do it, but I would need some things to do that. We need to have a source for parts, primarily. I emailed Elio, and did not get a good answer to this. I will paste their responses below. We also need some good documentation, a good service manual. I also got a poor response to that question, as well. Has anyone heard anything on parts availability, in regards to an Elio? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me put in a reservation, but it's an uphill battle, when I can't answer basic questions.

Hello Jeremy,
Pep Boys will be our official service center so any type of parts you need you can request from them. They can also let you know what kind of part it is in case you want to search for it else where. Also a detailed service manual will likely come from an outside source (like Haynes for example) if you were wanting to do the servicing yourself.

If there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

Thanks,
Elio Team

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We have used a good majority of our parts from pre-existing parts and technology so finding them online should not be a problem since it sounds like your area may not hold all of them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

Thanks,
Elio Team

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Count me in. I'll gladly run your Omaha store!

airforceguy6

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wanted to comment on this thread. I have similar questions on how I would get an Elio serviced. I'm willing to either do it on my own, or find a local mechanic to do it, but I would need some things to do that. We need to have a source for parts, primarily. I emailed Elio, and did not get a good answer to this. I will paste their responses below. We also need some good documentation, a good service manual. I also got a poor response to that question, as well. Has anyone heard anything on parts availability, in regards to an Elio? I'm trying to convince my wife to let me put in a reservation, but it's an uphill battle, when I can't answer basic questions.

Hello Jeremy,
Pep Boys will be our official service center so any type of parts you need you can request from them. They can also let you know what kind of part it is in case you want to search for it else where. Also a detailed service manual will likely come from an outside source (like Haynes for example) if you were wanting to do the servicing yourself.

If there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

Thanks,
Elio Team

Hello,
Thanks for reaching out to us. We have used a good majority of our parts from pre-existing parts and technology so finding them online should not be a problem since it sounds like your area may not hold all of them.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

Thanks,
Elio Team
Hey Musicman, I'm sure a Haynes guidebook for service will eventually come out for our vehicles, just a matter of time for companies to discover the need for it out there. As for parts, closer to production of the Elios, it is standard for auto/motorcycle producers to create reference documents labeling standard part numbers so techs are able to diagnose and replace the parts with the correct part numbers. I use it quite often for my Silverado when looking up hard to replace parts.

Top Bottom