• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Interesting Article On Blockchain And Tzero.

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found this while cruising the net trying to find new Elio info. It was posted yesterday.

If you were curious as to what Blockchain technology is and why people think it/cryptocurrency is going to change fundraising efforts, this article is a great read. It deals mostly with Tzero, but Elio is mentioned.

Warning, it is long: https://www.investors.com/news/technology/blockchain-technology-blockchain-stock-market-revolution/

The two takeaways from the article if you’re curious are these...

“In January, the tokens will come available for trade on tZero's own trading platform by institutions and affluent individuals that meet the SEC's accredited investor standard. In August, the trading will open up to all investors. By the end of the year, Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne hopes to have as many as 60 blockchain-based security offerings underway on tZero.”

EDIT: The above refers to when tZero is selling their own tokens, not when the sale of Eliocoin begins. Was worried people might mis-interpret that.

Here’s the one paragraph where Elio is mentioned...

“TZero: Ready To Enlist Blockchain Companies
Byrne and tZero are more than ready to charge ahead. After the tZero token begins to trade, Byrne says privately owned electric auto maker Elio is preparing an equity offering over tZero. Next, the company has a pipeline of 60 other digital security offerings, he says.”

—-

So while nothing else was said about Elio, nor was there anything said about the Pre-Sale, Byrne sounds confident that Eliocoin is going to start trading ASAP on the tZero platform come 2019.

But then again, the article called Elio an electric car, so take with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Sailor Dog

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found this while cruising the net trying to find new Elio info. It was posted yesterday.

If you were curious as to what Blockchain technology is and why people think it/cryptocurrency is going to change fundraising efforts, this article is a great read. It deals mostly with Tzero, but Elio is mentioned.

Warning, it is long: https://www.investors.com/news/technology/blockchain-technology-blockchain-stock-market-revolution/

The two takeaways from the article if you’re curious are these...

“In January, the tokens will come available for trade on tZero's own trading platform by institutions and affluent individuals that meet the SEC's accredited investor standard. In August, the trading will open up to all investors. By the end of the year, Overstock CEO Patrick Byrne hopes to have as many as 60 blockchain-based security offerings underway on tZero.”

Here’s the one paragraph where Elio is mentioned...

“TZero: Ready To Enlist Blockchain Companies
Byrne and tZero are more than ready to charge ahead. After the tZero token begins to trade, Byrne says privately owned electric auto maker Elio is preparing an equity offering over tZero. Next, the company has a pipeline of 60 other digital security offerings, he says.”

—-

So while nothing else was said about Elio, nor was there anything said about the Pre-Sale, Byrne sounds confident that Eliocoin is going to start trading ASAP on the tZero platform come 2019.

But then again, the article called Elio an electric car, so take with a grain of salt.
Good news, but I remember reading recently about a delay until 2/28 for GSR to complete funding. What does it matter in the long run though. Very promising news.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The surprising news is that Elio has apparently become a privately owned electric car maker. That will spark major EV investor interest. I’m not sure that blockchain technology/crypto currency is investing, but rather gambling. I hope it pays off for the high stake risk takers and gets the EVElio to market. With the trend moving to electric vehicles, the Elio would more likely experience greater market acceptance/demand and long term success as an EV commuter.

Rabrandt99

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The surprising news is that Elio has apparently become a privately owned electric car maker. That will spark major EV investor interest. I’m not sure that blockchain technology/crypto currency is investing, but rather gambling. I hope it pays off for the high stake risk takers and gets the EVElio to market. With the trend moving to electric vehicles, the Elio would more likely experience greater market acceptance/demand and long term success as an EV commuter.

I wouldn't put too much stock into Elio Motors switching gears and going electric by the article quote. I've noticed that unless writers have been following the Elio story or do actual research, they automatically assume it's electric, because virtually all the new start-up automotive companies in the last decade are electric. Plus, multiple sites erroneously list Elio as electric when it's not.

I'll gladly eat my words if the next Elio press release states they're going electric, but I highly doubt it.

As a side-note, I do think it'd be wise for them to be contemplating an electric Elio for the future. I'd buy an EV Elio, with the same styling as the gas version, as frankly I think all the other EV Trikes look awful.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock into Elio Motors switching gears and going electric by the article quote. I've noticed that unless writers have been following the Elio story or do actual research, they automatically assume it's electric, because virtually all the new start-up automotive companies in the last decade are electric. Plus, multiple sites erroneously list Elio as electric when it's not.

I'll gladly eat my words if the next Elio press release states they're going electric, but I highly doubt it.

As a side-note, I do think it'd be wise for them to be contemplating an electric Elio for the future. I'd buy an EV Elio, with the same styling as the gas version, as frankly I think all the other EV Trikes look awful.
Perhaps recent investor Byrne convinced Paul Elio that finding investor backing for an EV would be more likely and to build an autocycle of the future. I wonder how many of the 65,000 reservationists would purchase an electric Elio if it meant getting their Elio? Would new reservations numbers spike as a result?

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think they would be in a real pickle if they went EV only since they would need to refund a lot of those non-refundable deposits they have already spent. There would surely be lawsuits coming in if they did that and I bet a judge would find that a significant enough change to warrant a breach on Elio's part.

That being said, if I had a choice between a 100 HP gas Elio or suitable fast EVlio with 150 miles of range for not an outrageous amount more, I would go with the EV. That is also why I backed Sondors, but whichever gets to market first AND looks to be a reliable commuter will get my money. I actually prefer the tandem, cockpit styling of the Elio. But they need to get the thing made!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Having options for the 100 HP up to 126 HP+ for 84MPG or an EV for 150 miles per charge would be great for Elio Motors and they would be feeding two markets.
EM has to feed the hungry investors first and foremost. That investor interest will likely be determined by the hungriest market demand........be it old or new technology. Based on where the auto industry market seems to be heading, it appears there is greater interest in EVs.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM has to feed the hungry investors first and foremost. That investor interest will likely be determined by the hungriest market demand........be it old or new technology. Based on where the auto industry market seems to be heading, it appears there is greater interest in EVs.
I am not here to argue with you, car companies do all the time with Hybrids and gas engines. Electric, Hybrids and gas engines for one car company also so, the markets are for Elio is this gas engine and electric worldwide. Do you really think they want to only focus on the USA? They have a railroad system at their plant along with a DOCK to ship vehicles out worldwide! Many countries to not have infrastructure for electric cars.
More on Electric incentives:

Last edited:

ABC123

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I’m not interested in an all-electric car/autocycle. I would, however, be interested if they put in a real wheel hub motor and made it a hybrid. This might also help get to the up to 84 MPG we were promised, with electric assist. ICE plus battery, what could be a new combined HP?

Top Bottom