• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Inspirational Quotes

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunate choice of quotes to start the thread.

That Edison quote is highly disputed, and most likely apocryphal. It traces back to the March 1967 issue of Amateur Radio magazine. The quote in that issue is not about light bulbs, but batteries:

The Great Man confided that he tried 'everything' while working on inventions. When 10,000 experiments with a storage battery went down to failure, he said: "I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work."

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I created this thread for people to post inspirational quotes.

I was thinking of the quote from Edison about creating the lightbulb, and his many attempts before succeeding.
"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
I am hoping Paul Elio's tenacity will also end in success.

Thomas Edison's other quotes has some good stuff.
https://www.inc.com/kevin-daum/37-quotes-from-thomas-edison-that-will-bring-out-your-best.html

Unfortunate choice of quotes to start the thread.

That Edison quote is highly disputed, and most likely apocryphal. It traces back to the March 1967 issue of Amateur Radio magazine. The quote in that issue is not about light bulbs, but batteries:

This is FC's story and he can tell it anyway he wants!

FC

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Never knew their was a controversy with the 10000 lightbulb quote. Learn something every day.
But then a quote does not have to be accurate to contain a truth.
An example would be: "The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Don't forget to add a quote with your replies. :D

Top Bottom