• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Wonder If There Are Any Employees Left At Elio Motors...

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if there are any employees left at Elio Motors?

Common sense would indicate that Elio is basically insolvent...with few assets left...million of dollars of unpaid debts...and certainly little or no cash...

I would assume there are no longer any funds to pay for any employees...

The “Elio Team” probably just consists of Paul Elio...and possibly a few unpaid volunteers...

Since there appears to be no regularly scheduled board meetings...more than likely many of the board members have resigned...

Last edited:

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there are probably a few employees left. It's likely that they have someone at the Shreveport plant, just to keep an eye on things. Connie Grennan would probably be considered an employee, but she is no longer there. Is there a replacement CFO yet? Perhaps Paul is paying out of his own pocket?

Watashiwah

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, there are probably a few employees left. It's likely that they have someone at the Shreveport plant, just to keep an eye on things. Connie Grennan would probably be considered an employee, but she is no longer there. Is there a replacement CFO yet? Perhaps Paul is paying out of his own pocket?

Does anyone remember the ‘way early’ Shreveport Commissioners Saga where, I think, Stephanie Lynch came out against the RACER/Elio proposal and there was one Commissioner that was vilified for ‘Conflict of Interest’ because he was working for Elio Motors at the same time? What was his name, I can’t seem to find it. He was kinda a ‘plank owner’ and might still be in some status of employment.

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the ‘way early’ Shreveport Commissioners Saga where, I think, Stephanie Lynch came out against the RACER/Elio proposal and there was one Commissioner that was vilified for ‘Conflict of Interest’ because he was working for Elio Motors at the same time? What was his name, I can’t seem to find it. He was kinda a ‘plank owner’ and might still be in some status of employment.

just did a quick search and saw where John Escude had a short term contract back in 2014 with Comau, which was helping to sell the unwanted equipment at the GM plant. Escude apparently had told most of the other commissioners that he was working a short stint at the old plant - but didn’t go into any details. Apparently Ms. Lynch was not happy about it.... once the details came out.

I believe his employment was short term only?

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
John Ecsude is a roofer at Pintail Roofing. So I can see why he and Paul got along. He has nothing listed when it comes to Elio Motors or Comau. Maybe he was just a consultant. He is also a Oil and Gas Landman and worked for Black Diamond (which is either Oil and Gas Exploration or a Asphalt paver).

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Elio Motors has a LinkedIn account. So go there and you'll see who is listed as still working for Elio Motors.

Well...Elio Motors LinkedIn account is about as outdated as Elio’s blogs and the Elio Motors website...

Their LinkedIn account is just not a reliable source of information to understand who’s currently employed at Elio Motors...it’s a better source of information to determine who was previously employed by Elio Motors...

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well...Elio Motors LinkedIn account is about as outdated as Elio’s blogs and the Elio Motors website...

Their LinkedIn account is just not a reliable source of information to understand who’s currently employed at Elio Motors...it’s a better source of information to determine who was previously employed by Elio Motors...

It's outdated? I see a number of employees. Maybe look again.

TexasTesla

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's outdated? I see a number of employees. Maybe look again.

Their LinkedIn page has not been updated for more than a year...thus their employee list is outdated... I cross-referenced a few of them...and found that they’re no longer employed by Elio Motors...

I don’t think anyone would find this to be surprising...Elio Motors appears to be just a shell company at this point in time...

Paul Elio could reverse this perception if he would make a public statement...but I’m not holding my breath...

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Looking at old articles I found this:

https://www.fundable.com/yoyo

Hari is the CEO but I don't know if they are even still in business. Anyway, scroll to the very bottom and there is Paul Elio. It infers that he may be an employee or advisor to YOYO. Perhaps they were just trying to impress with a bunch of names. Who knows.
Still, the question is: Didn't Paul say he was "100% working on funding?" How does he have time for YOYO but can't say anything new about Elio Motors?

Update: From Feb 2018:

Yoyo
Pricing for Yoyo is a little different than other third-party services. After paying an initial fee of $99, Yoyo members pay per mile based on the type of car they’re driving. Yoyo offers a diverse fleet with vehicles that fall into categories of 50 cents, 75 cents, or a dollar per mile. Cars can be swapped out at any time, and the service includes insurance, maintenance, and delivery. Yoyo is available in the San Francisco Bay Area and plans to expand based on demand.

Last edited:
Top Bottom