• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

I Really Liked This Concept From Mercedes

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with several negatives. I would prefer two headlights (in case one goes out, for redundancy), and then theres the question about crash safety. It would also be better front wheel drive. Still, I like it somewhat better than the Elio because of the body tilt (should provide better handling) and the take-apart roof is neat too. Wonder why they don't reconsider making it? I would buy one if the price were about $15,000

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I totally agree with several negatives. I would prefer two headlights (in case one goes out, for redundancy), and then theres the question about crash safety. It would also be better front wheel drive. Still, I like it somewhat better than the Elio because of the body tilt (should provide better handling) and the take-apart roof is neat too. Wonder why they don't reconsider making it? I would buy one if the price were about $15,000
Yeah ..... like GM and their Lean Machine, it’s a shame Mercedes didn’t produce this vehicle. Really sharp looking and would have been a blast to drive. Fat chance any current large mfg will build something like this.

Shoot.... if Mercedes had put this on the market - it would have cost about 4,5 or 6 Elios.

Come on Elio.... get the funds and build it!

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THAT's why.............it's a BENZ.....BIG BUCKS :)

Injunjoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I cannot figure out how to make a new thread, I am adding this here - admin feel free to move it. I just watched Jay Leno's Aptera video (
) and noticed the Aptera is front wheel drive like the Elio. It also has a rear view camera standard. Anyone else notice things about the Aptera that would be nice on the Elio?

Injunjoe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Since I still cannot figure out how to start a new thread, I am adding to this one. When we get our Elios, let's be glad we don't have an electric elio in a state like Illinois: https://www.foxnews.com/auto/illinois-1000-electric-vehicle-legislation

Now that I have twice remarked about how hard it is to make a new post, I hope some instructions are added to the page to help. There may be others who also cannot figure out how to make a new thread.

Last edited:

Ace

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Enter a section then Post New Thread button.
upload_2019-5-13_15-52-48.png

Top Bottom