• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

How Much Could One Expect To Pay For Autocycle Insurance?

John-b-gone

Elio Addict
Reaction score
In Colorado,With no tickets, no accidents, actually a complete blank page on my drivers license report card. What could a 68 year old male expect to pay a month on a bran new $6800 Elio?

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In Colorado,With no tickets, no accidents, actually a complete blank page on my drivers license report card. What could a 68 year old male expect to pay a month on a bran new $6800 Elio?
That's something you'll have to contact your insurance carrier about.
I have Ameriprise as my carrier and they have no figures for it at all. Because it's a completely new item on the market (actually coming to market) they haven't classified it yet.
If you recall EM said they are going to be doing crash testing with the E series Elio's; they make that data available to all the insurance companies (I don't know who does the actual determinations for the carriers) and they'll do their thing for coming up with cost.
You can ask your carrier what it would cost to insure a Polaris Slingshot to get a general idea, but since it's not enclosed like the Elio, the cost will be different.

larryboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's something you'll have to contact your insurance carrier about.
I have Ameriprise as my carrier and they have no figures for it at all. Because it's a completely new item on the market (actually coming to market) they haven't classified it yet.
If you recall EM said they are going to be doing crash testing with the E series Elio's; they make that data available to all the insurance companies (I don't know who does the actual determinations for the carriers) and they'll do their thing for coming up with cost.
You can ask your carrier what it would cost to insure a Polaris Slingshot to get a general idea, but since it's not enclosed like the Elio, the cost will be different.
The Polaris is several times more expensive than the Elio will be and much more likely to be driven hard so I would imagine the cost will be the basic charge for coverage plus a smaller variable charge for the Elio. I have talked to my insurance agent and told him about the Elio and let him know he will be covering one as soon as I can get it. Perhaps if the forum members talked to their agents as well the companies would be ready to compete for our business.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The Polaris is several times more expensive than the Elio will be and much more likely to be driven hard so I would imagine the cost will be the basic charge for coverage plus a smaller variable charge for the Elio. I have talked to my insurance agent and told him about the Elio and let him know he will be covering one as soon as I can get it. Perhaps if the forum members talked to their agents as well the companies would be ready to compete for our business.
I believe they all have been talking to them; I catch postings about it once in a while. I told my carrier that exact same thing; be ready because you will get the call the day of delivery.

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
My niece's husband works for Geico and they are discussing the Elio in their training. They obviously don't have costs yet since the design isn't finished, testing isn't done, vehicle cost isn't set, but they are being made aware it cold be coming. Of course, I don't have Geico for insurance, so that doesn't help me much.

Top Bottom