• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Honor And Respect

Bert

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Words to live by. IMO.

Recently "we" have had an increase in aggressive words and positions. Some from new members who take delight in prodding others with a stick to irritate, some who've been here a long time now, and for some reason are taking hard and unbending positions on various topics.

I ask all to remember, "we" come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. Our life exposures as we've grown has brought us right up to this point in time, and with our outlook towards life based on those experiences.

Some of us are highly educated, some, like myself, grew up as a gearhead and knuckle banger. While my career has changed, my "experience" as a knuckle banger serves me well, even in my very different career path.

All I ask, remember while our paths are different, we often have the same goals. How to achieve those goals is sometimes what causes disharmony amongst us. I suggest if you are confident on your position, then there's nothing wrong with discussing and viewing alternative views! It can reconfirm you position, as well as causing you to consider angles on the topic you have not thought of before. Again, IMO.

The lack of new information on our precious Elios has resulted in veering from our path. To learn about each other while doing so is enriching our own lives. IMO. However, to attack or take aggressive stances towards others who merely have a different view, is not a positive step and is causing disharmony.

For those who "troll" as a means of entertainment, simply ignore. If someone promotes an alternative view on a topic, it is worth discussing. IMO.

If an initial post seems a bit forward or taunting, it would not hurt to remember it is probably thier first time here, and the intent behind the typed word doesn't alwasy come through. We can give them the opprotunity for discussion, gaining of knowledge, and perhaps enrich our own lives while doing so.

If you reject mutual cooperation, including posts such as this one, it is your right, but you will miss out on learning a lot about People from all over the World. That in itself, is a waste and a shame.

Moderators, move this where you will, I just wanted (hoped) it will stand out for a bit so more People can read it, and hopefully fill in the blanks I have not thought of at this time.

Respectfully submitted,

Bert Miller

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Words to live by. IMO.

Recently "we" have had an increase in aggressive words and positions. Some from new members who take delight in prodding others with a stick to irritate, some who've been here a long time now, and for some reason are taking hard and unbending positions on various topics.

I ask all to remember, "we" come from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. Our life exposures as we've grown has brought us right up to this point in time, and with our outlook towards life based on those experiences.

Some of us are highly educated, some, like myself, grew up as a gearhead and knuckle banger. While my career has changed, my "experience" as a knuckle banger serves me well, even in my very different career path.

All I ask, remember while our paths are different, we often have the same goals. How to achieve those goals is sometimes what causes disharmony amongst us. I suggest if you are confident on your position, then there's nothing wrong with discussing and viewing alternative views! It can reconfirm you position, as well as causing you to consider angles on the topic you have not thought of before. Again, IMO.

The lack of new information on our precious Elios has resulted in veering from our path. To learn about each other while doing so is enriching our own lives. IMO. However, to attack or take aggressive stances towards others who merely have a different view, is not a positive step and is causing disharmony.

For those who "troll" as a means of entertainment, simply ignore. If someone promotes an alternative view on a topic, it is worth discussing. IMO.

If an initial post seems a bit forward or taunting, it would not hurt to remember it is probably thier first time here, and the intent behind the typed word doesn't alwasy come through. We can give them the opprotunity for discussion, gaining of knowledge, and perhaps enrich our own lives while doing so.

If you reject mutual cooperation, including posts such as this one, it is your right, but you will miss out on learning a lot about People from all over the World. That in itself, is a waste and a shame.

Moderators, move this where you will, I just wanted (hoped) it will stand out for a bit so more People can read it, and hopefully fill in the blanks I have not thought of at this time.

Respectfully submitted,

Bert Miller
Thank you for this post Bert, I have stickied it.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Words to live by. IMO.

Respectfully submitted,

Bert Miller

Here, Here, well said and very appropriate.

Top Bottom